Travel bags???
Oct 20, 2004 at 11:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

KenW

Headphoneus Supremus
Looking for bags that can accomodate todays newer/smaller mp3 players and portable amps. I'll likely get either an iPod or Karma and pair it with the SR-71. Obviously, if I go iPod, I'll pick up a Sik Din to go with it.

The two I've seen that might be possibilities are the HeadRoom PJB-100 Bag and the HeadRoom Mini Bag. Won't be wearing it on my belt so I'm really looking for something along the lines of the HeadRoom Airbag to take on flights only smaller to house these smaller units. Anyone got a neat little bag that efficiently houses set ups like the aformentioned? Appreciate any help.

Oct 21, 2004 at 12:00 AM Post #3 of 13
I picked up a Lowepro Z20 camera bag to house my Zen Xtra and Go-Vibe amp. It fits the two perfectly and has a front pocket for canalphones if you like. It is very durable and padded and would probably fit the iPod/SR-71 combo nicely, although I've not seen a SR-71 in person, but judging by pictures it should fit well. Otherwise, just go to Best Buy or somewhere and look at the camera bags, they seem to fit portable audio devices quite nicely.

Oct 21, 2004 at 12:12 AM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by nismo96
I bought a used Waterfield Ipod Gear Pouch from a fellow Head-Fi member. I'd say that this case would fit your requirements.

Thanks. That might work. I'm looking for something with a low profile like my Airbag for stowing in my carry-on flight bag. This looks "low" enough. Does it have openings between the compartments for cables like the HeadRoom bags do?

Oct 21, 2004 at 12:13 AM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeB06
I picked up a Lowepro Z20 camera bag to house my Zen Xtra and Go-Vibe amp. It fits the two perfectly and has a front pocket for canalphones if you like. It is very durable and padded and would probably fit the iPod/SR-71 combo nicely, although I've not seen a SR-71 in person, but judging by pictures it should fit well. Otherwise, just go to Best Buy or somewhere and look at the camera bags, they seem to fit portable audio devices quite nicely.

Thanks. I've got a couple of camera bags but I'm really looking for something a bit more packable in a carry-on bag for flights. Appreciate the suggestion though.

Oct 21, 2004 at 4:26 AM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW
Thanks. That might work. I'm looking for something with a low profile like my Airbag for stowing in my carry-on flight bag. This looks "low" enough. Does it have openings between the compartments for cables like the HeadRoom bags do?

Yes, the main compartment has openings for you to connect a cable to an amp from a music player. I carry this case in a backpack and in my laptop bag whenever I travel. It works out very well.

Oct 21, 2004 at 10:50 AM Post #10 of 13
Thanks to all! A gameboy pouch?? Never thought of that one. I'll give a look.
icon10.gif

Oct 21, 2004 at 10:08 PM Post #13 of 13
KenW,

Waterfield designs and sells their own bags - no outside vendors. Great customer service, highly recommended. You may be able to pick one up in the FS forum.

Regards - reynman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back