Travel and home headphone
Sep 3, 2012 at 3:55 AM Post #16 of 21
Quote:
I only used cheap products. Never bought really fancy stuff, that's why I want to buy a good one, so I can last longer with it and better music quality. :wink:
Only things I've listened through are fake Monster Beats Studio's. My HTC IEM, they don't let you hear any bass. And my gaming headset; Creative Fatal1ty.

So as for you guys are concerned; I'm a total noob. ^^

your budget has grown significanly ($440 is not cheap) I suggest to more research.  And don't rule out IEM's since you will use it when you travel, IMO nothing beats IEM's in blocking out outside noise. Westone 3/4, Easonics, Aurisonic asg, Phonak, heir 3.ai some shures, jvc, sennheiser so many brands to choose from all with great sound

Sep 3, 2012 at 3:59 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

your budget has grown significanly ($440 is not cheap) I suggest to more research.  And don't rule out IEM's since you will use it when you travel, IMO nothing beats IEM's in blocking out outside noise. Westone 3/4, Easonics, Aurisonic asg, Phonak, heir 3.ai some shures, jvc, sennheiser so many brands to choose from all with great sound

Haha thanks for the reply. Still pretty dazzled in what I can choose from, so many options. But I think I just go to a elektronics shop to see if I can try out certain ones.

Sep 9, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #18 of 21
Ok, I didn't had any time to really test any headphones just yet because I as pretty busy. But I have tried the HTC IEM's which came with my phone and o.m.g. they hurt after 1 hour of traveling.. So don't think any IEM can fit well with me. But tomorrow I'm going to a electronics store to test headphones, will also try IEM's. I hope I find one that fits me.

Sep 9, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #19 of 21
Consider the V-Moda M80 as well, maybe. Great portable cans and they're good enough for home listening.

Sep 9, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #21 of 21
Quote:
Consider the V-Moda M80 as well, maybe. Great portable cans and they're good enough for home listening.

+1

They're semi-closed, I don't find that they leak much if any sound though.  Isolation isn't the best, but ain't bad either.  I've taken m80s with me on many plane trips and even on the bus/subway and been able to enjoy my music.  I don't like being totally unaware of my surroundings anyways =)  

And for a portable can I am very happy with the sound quality and often even use them at home, especially for the music genres you mentioned.  You would also be able to use them as a hands free set/headset with your HTC or Skype.

If you're going to be mainly travelling or on the go, some of the other cans mentioned in this thread are on the large/bulky side imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back