Trashing Your Headphones
Dec 10, 2001 at 6:13 PM Post #31 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by nleahcim
Sennheiser HD-200 - No isolation. Way too much bass. Oh, and the sound is rather muffled. They were still a huge step up from my nasty Sony earbuds! Oh, how much you wanna bet that I'm the only person on this forum that has the HD-200's? Heck, probably no one here has even heard of them! (They haven't been released in the states yet. I had to get them from Germany.)

Michael

I've had em, and I belive DH also had the 200s. I gave em the boot when I got the mx500s which tramples em to death at half the price
rolleyes.gif
they were lots of fun with Rage Against The Machine and gaming tho, but fatiguing as hell.

Dec 10, 2001 at 7:40 PM Post #32 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by Beagle
HD600: So polite and antiseptic, you could introduce 'em to your mother and let surgeons wipe their scalpels on them.

LOL!

Dec 10, 2001 at 8:03 PM Post #33 of 36
Quote:

K501: Too open, not muddy or colored enough, where the hell's the bass boom? Cheap plastic loose crappy, too comfortable build

Quote:

RA-1: ... Way too light in weight.

Cheater!
mad.gif

Dec 10, 2001 at 8:39 PM Post #34 of 36
confused.gif

Dec 10, 2001 at 8:45 PM Post #35 of 36
I'm just kidding... it just seems that those "faults" aren't really faults at all
biggrin.gif
- a headphone being "not muddy or colored enough" or a portable amp being "way too light"...I hope you see my point.

Dec 10, 2001 at 8:46 PM Post #36 of 36
MX500: Thin, bright, fatiguin, painful to wear, ugly, and plain stupid (for a headphone).

888: warm enough to melt ice, with a midrange so fat it makes me wanna call up Jenny Craig and say my high end and low end are being overshadowed by a big hump in my midrange.

Sennheiser 495: Smooth...like ice for someone who can't iceskate. Detail lacking.....silver isn't half as good looking as black........

EX70: Fairly poor isolation for a canalphone, suck up earwax better than the best vacuum cleaners suck up dirt.

821: Brighter than the a supernova.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back