Trapped with Koss Porta Pro for life. Is there a way out?
Jan 19, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #16 of 23
I know. It's more/less the same. Which is cheap plastic, uncomfortable heap of plastic :p If I didn't had any then sure but PP blows them out of the water
nope. a porta pro does not "blow them out of the water" You are talking about a totally different headphone, but because they have a similar name you assume they are the same.
an original HD681 with a simple mod of removing the paper inside the cups, some foam inside the pads and hybrid pad is a much better headphone than the Porta Pro. I've had both, and, you are mistaken....but hey, I'm only trying to shine a light on your darkness...as I said, good luck.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #17 of 23
sure. It's just that whatever it is, it's still an ugly mold of plastic.
and I usually roll my eyes when I hear "it's a great product if You mod x,y,z, add this, remove that"... ooook.

Still - don't get me wrong. I believe it's a good headphone. Even unmodded evo is. It's just not to my liking from looks alone

Jan 19, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #18 of 23
sure. It's just that whatever it is, it's still an ugly mold of plastic.
and I usually roll my eyes when I hear "it's a great product if You mod x,y,z, add this, remove that"... ooook.

Still - don't get me wrong. I believe it's a good headphone. Even unmodded evo is. It's just not to my liking from looks alone
right...except, they also look different. the HD 681 look like the AKG 240 series of headphones..old school, but not lots of plastic....it's oddly annoying to try to help someone and have them repeatedly object to a DIFFERENT headphone, lol!
whatever man, GOOOOOOD luck.
Hey soos Christo.

Jan 19, 2018 at 6:21 PM Post #19 of 23
Sorry, I did not wanted to offend. I will keep my eye on it and probably buy it just to check out for myself sometime. It's cheap enough that it does not need justification

Jan 19, 2018 at 6:33 PM Post #20 of 23
Sorry, I did not wanted to offend. I will keep my eye on it and probably buy it just to check out for myself sometime. It's cheap enough that it does not need justification
I'm not offended. I am really amused because I feel like, you'd probably love the headphones I am talking about, but, you were talking about a DIFFERENT headphone. I hate the way the EVO looks..it's plasticky garbage...the HD681 is...funky.
You are doing fine, I was just trying to help, no apologies needed buddy.

Jan 19, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #21 of 23
@Music Alchemist
The "budget" is 100$ but I don't really need new headphones so if something is worth it, why not wait a little longer. Anyway, forget about it. Electrostats or planars are totally not available here in Poland. And STAX SR-30 is collectors item but seems interesting.

If you did want planar, the iSine LX is $200 and Audeze has dealers in Poland. However, you have to be willing to deal with (a) the weird fit of the iSine series and (b) possibly needing to EQ them.

If you can get a good fit, I think the iSine series is actually a pretty great upgrade for someone who likes a compact, lightweight open headphone like the Porta Pro.

Jan 19, 2018 at 7:00 PM Post #22 of 23
" for someone who likes a compact, lightweight open headphone like the Porta Pro"... as a VERY undecided person, this might actually be what I like. That's the reason why Porta pro is my fav of headphones I've had so far.

iSine LX is really weird and interesting. very small yet 30mm drivers. These would probably make for really weird introduction to planars and good outside headphones.
10Hz – 50kHz in such a small headphone? neat. Will read more about it

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back