Transparent The Link 200 Interconnects

This is what I currently have:

Tributaries SP12 Speaker Cable
Tributaires Delta Audio Interconnects

This is my Hi-Fi:
Rotel RCD-1072 & RX-1050
Sumiko Pro-Ject 1.2, Oyster Cartridge
B&W DM602 S3, 602 Stands

I feel that the cable & interconnects are the weak link........any thoughts?

Oct 15, 2005 at 9:39 AM Post #2 of 10
Your interconnects cannot be the "weak link" of your system. Interconnects no matter the price will do their job, wether cheap radioshack ICs or ette, they'll let current pass and let you hear your rig.

Better ICs might bring you a more refined sound for sure, but if you dislike the sound signature of your current system, changing the interconnects wont do any good.

Oct 15, 2005 at 11:27 AM Post #4 of 10
I was crazy and upgraded to Nordost Valhalla when only having a EMU0404 source, and there was a slight improvement. But that money is better spent on other things that make a bigger difference. However, the good thing about getting cables first is that any component upgrade will make a bigger difference and it will be more rewarding.

Oct 15, 2005 at 12:19 PM Post #5 of 10
I have wave 100 in my sytem (see profile.) It's a decent cable but I'm not a big fan honestly. I don't like the inline-filter concept that Transparent, MIT, etc use.

I don't think you need to run out and change, but it never hurts to demo some in your home and see what you think. It's easy to test out cables on Audiogon because the prices stay pretty flat and you can usually sell for the price you buy at. B&M stores should let you take some home to try too.

Oct 15, 2005 at 3:32 PM Post #6 of 10
Don't get me wrong, I love how my system sounds. I just thought that upgrading sepaker cable & interconnects would add even more. Doing so would cost $380; if it's not worth it, then I certainly don't want to spend the money. I should probably take some home from my dealer for auditioning.

Oct 15, 2005 at 7:38 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. X
Don't get me wrong, I love how my system sounds. I just thought that upgrading sepaker cable & interconnects would add even more.

You may not like it since it will show the weaknesses in your system. You may not even hear a difference!

Oct 15, 2005 at 8:21 PM Post #8 of 10
I can't speak to those specific Transparent cables. I've only demoed one of the higher-end ICs from Transparent (don't remember the model), at the same time I was auditioning better cdps. Did not care for it, thought it was over-priced for the increase in resolution you got, plus something about the highs bothered me. And this was back when I didn't have much experience w/ cables, I definitely think there are better values out there now.

Oct 15, 2005 at 10:04 PM Post #9 of 10
I use two sets of Transparent Link 200 IC's in my system. I use them on my TT and my CDP. Part of the reason I use them on my TT is because of their flexibility - they bend easily and they have short plugs so that makes them one of the few quality IC's that will fit in the smallish cable port provided beneath my SOTA Sapphire TT. But apart from ergonomics, I find the sonic character to be pretty neutral and ever-so-slightly "euphonic". To me, that is a good thing. Some would label their treble presentation as being slightly "rolled-off", but I would characterize their treble presentation as being "smooth and grain-free". They would probably be a good choice for any system that is not already too mellow in the treble.

Aug 30, 2015 at 5:05 AM Post #10 of 10
Don't you know which connectors does Transparent use for their PowerLink MM cables? I am interested in Euro version. They look like Wattgate 360i/320i. But they may also be 390i/350i without "Wattgate" stickers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back