Transit to Waverterminal U24 upgrade worthwhile?
Oct 23, 2004 at 6:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

dshea_32665

100+ Head-Fier
I was looking on a thread at Audiogon about computer based systems. Somebody wrote about how the Transit doesn't do a very good job with getting a digital optical signal to your DAC. Not only the Transit, but he stated that a lot of low end sound cards are similar. He recommended the Waveterminal U24 or the Edirol UA-25 which are in the $200 range.

Has anybody used one of these higher end USB sound cards, and do you think there is a difference to your setup? Improved quality would make sense since these are more substantially built cards.

This isn't the first time I have heard the praises of the Waveterminal U24. Does anyone here have one?

cheers,
dshea

Oct 23, 2004 at 9:49 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by dshea_32665
This isn't the first time I have heard the praises of the Waveterminal U24. Does anyone here have one?

cheers,
dshea

I like it... even if I am not using anymore... my M-Audio DIO2496 with DAC1 is far better.

If you want it, you can have it (~100€).

cheers
Andreas

Oct 24, 2004 at 1:57 AM Post #3 of 4
I'm also interested to hear input on the waveterminal u24... I have a decent dac (ciaudio vda-1), but my m-audio audiophile usb doesn't seem to be up to the task...plus, as others have documented, asio4all doesn't seem to work on the m-audio usb products. I'd be interesed in the waveterminal just for the asio support...but I'd like to hear input from any present or past owners.

Peace,

Graz

Oct 25, 2004 at 9:25 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graz
I'm also interested to hear input on the waveterminal u24... I have a decent dac (ciaudio vda-1), but my m-audio audiophile usb doesn't seem to be up to the task...plus, as others have documented, asio4all doesn't seem to work on the m-audio usb products. I'd be interesed in the waveterminal just for the asio support...but I'd like to hear input from any present or past owners.

as far as I realized, the Waveterminal has bitperfect-output and my experience was, that even the analog output over headphones was really good (far better than all my other soundcards).

Asio works well and driver support is great (every three months update).

cheers
Andreas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back