Transit: 44.1khz audio
Aug 26, 2005 at 7:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

KyPeN

100+ Head-Fier
I'm trying to get 44.1khz audio output working on my Transit. I'm going to be doing 3 things with it:
HQ Stereo listening i.e. I need bit-perfect output to my reciever via the optical
Gaming in 2 channel (don't care about quality here)
Headphone listening (HD-280 pro and MS-1)

I'm trying to get #3 working as best I can. Kernel streaming doesn't seem to work. I have ASIO working. However, I'm not sure if it is set up right. It plays, but the volume in the systray on Windows XP still effects the output volume. Isn't that what ASIO is supposed to avoid?

The sound works, but it sounds "tinny", "empty," and lacks bass. I'm comparing this output to that of my reciever since I have no other amp, and it simply blows it away. These headphones are NOT hard to drive, but I must say I'm dissapointed in the sound.

Please help me.

EDIT: I can also play videos and get sound, so I don't think it is working. Isn't ASIO supposed to be exclusive like KS?

Aug 27, 2005 at 7:08 PM Post #2 of 3
70 views and no one replies?
Help, please?

Aug 27, 2005 at 7:28 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by KyPeN
I'm trying to get 44.1khz audio output working on my Transit. I'm going to be doing 3 things with it:
HQ Stereo listening i.e. I need bit-perfect output to my reciever via the optical
Gaming in 2 channel (don't care about quality here)
Headphone listening (HD-280 pro and MS-1)

I'm trying to get #3 working as best I can. Kernel streaming doesn't seem to work. I have ASIO working. However, I'm not sure if it is set up right. It plays, but the volume in the systray on Windows XP still effects the output volume. Isn't that what ASIO is supposed to avoid?

The sound works, but it sounds "tinny", "empty," and lacks bass. I'm comparing this output to that of my reciever since I have no other amp, and it simply blows it away. These headphones are NOT hard to drive, but I must say I'm dissapointed in the sound.

Please help me.

EDIT: I can also play videos and get sound, so I don't think it is working. Isn't ASIO supposed to be exclusive like KS?

I suppose you're using Foobar2k.

If you want real ASIO output you need a m-pleyer thet supports native ASIO.

If you read my experience with Foobar on thread named "Foobar ASIO/Kernel Streaming - NOT bypassing kmixer?" you get some more information how ASIO/Kernel Streaming works with it.

Try for example NI Traktor BeatPort -player for ASIO output. I think it sounds perfect. It's free, and you'll find the link by searching my prev. posts.

jiitee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back