Transformers movie thread
Dec 12, 2006 at 1:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 136

virometal

Headphoneus Supremus
Came across this link while reading a football forum no less. Enjoy:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=115458

Cool Stuff...

I'm trying to look forward to this movie, but Michael Bay is directing it. *cringe*

Already, I can imagine the cool robots lost in quick one second splices of jumpy editing.

Here's another bet. How into the movie until we see the classic Bay shot - panning 360 degrees around Optimus situated on an elevated local.

Dec 12, 2006 at 1:56 AM Post #2 of 136
Yup, Tyrese was on Craig Ferguson promoting the movie a few nights ago + his new cd.

He's not a transformer but a transformer operator or something.
rolleyes.gif

I think he said it's out summer 2007.

Edit: yes, 07/04/2007.

Dec 12, 2006 at 3:12 PM Post #3 of 136
Not feeling the look of megatron.....it looks like they just stuck a whole bunch of cool looking metal shapes into one :p.

Dec 12, 2006 at 3:33 PM Post #4 of 136
Tyrese is in it? Sounds like its gonna bomb. They really need to stop putting hip-hop/rap/R&B people in movies.

Dec 12, 2006 at 11:48 PM Post #5 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by pezzy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not feeling the look of megatron.....it looks like they just stuck a whole bunch of cool looking metal shapes into one :p.

Man, it's been many Transformer generations since I checked back in...

Megatron went from this:

megatron1.jpg

Don't forget he magically shrank while transforming into the gun.
smily_headphones1.gif

to this:

megatron.jpg

At first, I wasn't enthralled. But after some repeated viewings, I think I like it!

Dec 13, 2006 at 1:56 AM Post #6 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm trying to look forward to this movie, but Michael Bay is directing it. *cringe*

x2. It's going to suck. But I'll probably still see it.

Dec 21, 2006 at 6:52 PM Post #9 of 136
Don't like the new heads... Too insect like for the Decepticons. I really like the Optimus and Jazz heads though.

Kinda odd that Bumblebee is actually... cool... but unavoidable after VW decided that it didn't want to be in a movie with giant gun toting robots.

My vote for best design has to go with Blackout.

Dec 21, 2006 at 7:01 PM Post #10 of 136
The new trailer for this movie looks terrible. Another lame Michael Bay movie. Earth is in danger. People run around. Stuff gets blown up. Lots of chases and explosions.

Sigh... why does Hollywood keep churning the same stuff out over and over?

The original Transformers animated movie had a sophisticated and interesting plot with decent character development, backstabbing, and surprises among both groups of robots.

Dec 21, 2006 at 7:04 PM Post #11 of 136
I'm not sure about this at all. That picture of Megatron looks totally wrong to me - I was brought up on them as they originally were in the cartoon format and this looks like it's totally trashing the original ideas.

Dec 21, 2006 at 7:17 PM Post #12 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by AlanY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The new trailer for this movie looks terrible. Another lame Michael Bay movie. Earth is in danger. People run around. Stuff gets blown up. Lots of chases and explosions.

icon10.gif
Yup.

Even Bay can't screw up giant transforming robots though. Can he? That Spielberg character is the ep, so maybe he will bring a touch of sanity and schmaltzy sentiment to the affair.

-

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvin
Don't like the new heads... Too insect like for the Decepticons. I really like the Optimus and Jazz heads though.

Yup. They went for the alien look with the Decepticons. I like it, but I'm not super hardcore into Transformers. I just think giant transforming robots are cool.

-

Quote:

Originally Posted by m_memmory
I was brought up on them as they originally were in the cartoon format and this looks like it's totally trashing the original ideas.

Yeah, but at least the new one isn't quite as phallic.
wink.gif
My desensitized mind gets all kinds of ideas when looking at the original Megatron.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 21, 2006 at 8:36 PM Post #13 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its not Transformers unless they use the original Prime voice actor.

They did. I can't find the link, but it was confirmed a couple of months ago. No dice on Megatron though, as the actor who played him (and Starscream and Cobra Commander) passed away some years ago.

[Edited for ignorance. These things look rad.]

Jul 3, 2007 at 8:09 PM Post #14 of 136
Anyone see it yet?

I'm planning on catching an afternoon show today.

Jul 3, 2007 at 8:50 PM Post #15 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone see it yet?

I'm planning on catching an afternoon show today.

i am going to see the movie this fridays with my brothers, the same brothers who broke the head off one of my destructicons...and yes they will hear about it..

"hey Jeff see that guy, he has a head unlike mine 20 years back cause of some ******* busted it off..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back