Transcode FLAC to ALAC .m4a?
Feb 1, 2017 at 2:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

kylezo

100+ Head-Fier
Hey everyone, 

This is maybe an odd question, but I went through some pains setting up my compression preset in EAC and I have some FLAC albums I want to run through the presets I have. Is there a way to just feed that FLAC to EAC? I don't have the discs to rip as I lost my CD collection T_T

Otherwise, could someone maybe assist me with how to convert my FLAC? I use this command line string in EAC:

-i %source% -metadata "ARTIST=%artist%" -metadata "TITLE=%title%" -metadata "ALBUM=%albumtitle%" -metadata "DATE=%year%" -metadata "TRACK=%tracknr%" -metadata "GENRE=%genre%" -metadata "ALBUM_ARTIST=%albuminterpret%" -metadata "COMPOSER=%composer%" -metadata "DISCNUMBER=%cdnumber%" -metadata "COMMENT=CRC:%TRACKCRC%" -metadata "TOTALTRACKS=%numtracks%" -acodec alac %dest%

And I end up with ALAC .m4a files. I can't figure out the ffmpeg cmd extensions to run from a command prompt to, say, take a folder and transcode the *.flac files in there to the *.m4a with the settings I have in EAC (basically, high quality, 896kBit/s with the extension above).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back