Tralucent T1 battery requirements
Nov 21, 2014 at 6:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

fusionsword

New Head-Fier
Good day to all.

I have a query regarding the battery of the Tralucent T1 amplifier. Being an amp with a user replaceable battery, would it be possible for me to use disposable 9v batteries in it should I choose not to use the rechargeable (or if it breaks down some day)?
Could someone help me answer my query? Thanks :)

Fusionsword

Nov 21, 2014 at 6:45 AM Post #2 of 6
I've been through a T1 battery replacement, you can simply find the battery on eBay for about $10.00

As for running it with disposables I don't see why not, it's the same voltage, but this would mean needing to remove the screws sliding the board out every 10-15 hours which is rather bothersome.

I would simply use the amp as normal, if it ever needs replacing you can find something like this below. 

T1 uses a 650mAh 9V rechargable lithium battery, here is one at 600mAh.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/9V-6F22-EBL-600mAh-Lithium-ion-Rechargeable-Battery-for-Guitar-Effect-Pedal-/381018888406?pt=AU_Electronics_Batteries_Chargers&hash=item58b67ed8d6

You can read some interesting conversation we had with my T1 unit here below too.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/634235/tralucent-t1-appreciation-thread-post-your-experiences-and-questions-here/465#post_10295753

Nov 21, 2014 at 6:51 AM Post #3 of 6
Hi H20fidelity,

Thanks for your response. Will look into those. :)
Have you ever had issues with its ability to hold its charge? The T1 I have on hand seems to heat up on its own the moment it is fully charged and unplugged...apart from the battery, what would you think could be the possible cause of this?

Nov 21, 2014 at 6:59 AM Post #4 of 6
Hi H20fidelity,

Thanks for your response. Will look into those.
smily_headphones1.gif

Have you ever had issues with its ability to hold its charge? The T1 I have on hand seems to heat up on its own the moment it is fully charged and unplugged...apart from the battery, what would you think could be the possible cause of this?

I can vouch for the stock battery not holding charge as that's a problem I went through. I would charge mine to full capacity then in less than one week sitting it would be dead flat. After replacing the battery that problem went away.

Sounds to me you're having a similar problem however there was no heat involved with my situation. If you really want to track down the cause, I would slide the board out, repeat what you said and locate where the heat is coming from by looking / lightly touching the amp.

I think considering the quick discharge rate you mentioned a replacement battery would be the first step.

Nov 21, 2014 at 7:05 AM Post #5 of 6
To be honest, I bought the amp second hand. The stock battery lost its charge on its own. I replaced it with a disposable Duracell 9v and it drained in one afternoon.
Now that you have confirmed my hypothesis that the Duracell should work with the amp in any case without any problem, it appears I was sold a faulty amp. The seller claimed that the amp was damaged by the insertion of the Duracell...
Thanks for helping me clarify, H20fidelity. I'll proceed to send the link to this thread to him, and debunk his claim.

Nov 21, 2014 at 7:18 AM Post #6 of 6
To be honest, I bought the amp second hand. The stock battery lost its charge on its own. I replaced it with a disposable Duracell 9v and it drained in one afternoon.
Now that you have confirmed my hypothesis that the Duracell should work with the amp in any case without any problem, it appears I was sold a faulty amp. The seller claimed that the amp was damaged by the insertion of the Duracell...
Thanks for helping me clarify, H20fidelity. I'll proceed to send the link to this thread to him, and debunk his claim.

Yes, not good, well I think it might be worth trying a replacement rechargeable lithium battery, yours wouldn't be the first to go sour.

Its up to you though. Goodluck with it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back