Tragic Story - I'm Heartbroken!
May 26, 2008 at 2:52 AM Post #16 of 24
No, really. I just want you to judge the RE2s fairly, and I think the Complys are the best sleeves for them. I could be wrong, of course. It's a small contribution to someone who has been burned by theft. Really stinks (though that story of the brick through the window REALLY sux).

May 29, 2008 at 12:54 AM Post #17 of 24
I placed my order for the RE2 on Sunday and I CAN'T WAIT until they arrive! These ipod buds are killing me. I do have some sr60 for at home as well as ksc75 (modded like crazy, kramer, headband, etc), but for on the go, I have to go with the buds.

Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get the RE1/2 from China?

May 29, 2008 at 3:10 AM Post #18 of 24
Complys mailed out today. Again, see what you think. I like them, but make sure they are in tight or the sound will be thin. They have to be squished and inserted, and give them 1-2 minutes to release. And I fiddle around with the fit, until they feel right.

May 29, 2008 at 3:17 AM Post #19 of 24
Not too surprised your iPod got lifted. They're incredibly easy to offload due to the popularity of the brand.

I've never had any gear, audio or otherwise, stolen, but I have had my car broken into at the mall. A lucky thief spent a few minutes smashing my driver's side window in and walked away with $20 in quarters (laundry money), a $200 cocktail dress that I'd just picked up from the dry cleaners and at least $500 in CDs. =|

After that happened and I rebuilt my music collection, my CDs stopped leaving my house and my car stereo acquired a 1/8" minijack auxiliary input. Now I don't have the car anymore, but the CDs still never leave my house.

And I still haven't replaced that little black dress. D=

May 29, 2008 at 3:48 AM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not too surprised your iPod got lifted. They're incredibly easy to offload due to the popularity of the brand.

Cell phones, too. My wife got hers picked in Cuzco airport when we arrived there, last October, exactly like the OP describes, from the backpack. We later saw hundreds of cell phones sold in the streets and just kept looking for our little Motorola...

May 29, 2008 at 3:50 AM Post #21 of 24
I just can't believe the thief knew to take my dress. If it was a man he knew an awful lot about fashion to know it was worth something! It was from a widely known designer but still.

Jun 3, 2008 at 12:31 AM Post #22 of 24
I just got the RE2 today. I will tell you, these things SMOKE the c700! The sound is SO much smoother. A little weak on the bass, but other than that, sound very good to my ears.

tstarn - I love the complys! They are by far my favorite tips (based on the 4 or 5 others that came with the RE2) Thanks again!

So, all in all, sad story with a happy ending.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 3, 2008 at 1:40 AM Post #23 of 24
Great news, and glad about the Complys. I agree that the RE2 sound does need a little EQ, but it's much less fatiguing, refined, than the Denons. But hey, each to his/her own.

Now you can buy some Complys and enjoy. No need for payback on the tips, by the way. I insist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back