TRAGIC NEWS - Dr Dre & Monster part company.
Jan 15, 2012 at 4:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

smial1966

Headphoneus Supremus
In a move destined to disappoint those bereft of taste and a discerning ear, Dr Dre and Monster have parted company over a disagreement about monetary remuneration.

cnet has the low down here - http://crave.cnet.co.uk/accessories/beats-by-dr-dre-and-monster-part-ways-in-beef-over-benjamins-50006661/?google_editors_picks=true

Frankly I'm sobbing into my LCD-2 cans. 

o2smile.gif

Jan 15, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #5 of 35
How much do we actually think that Dr. Dre had in the development and production of the Beats?  Monster has been making overpriced crap for a decade without the help of celebrity endorsement.

Jan 15, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #6 of 35
Quote:
Finally Monster has a chance to redeem its self!

Now all they have to do is stop making misleading marketing claims, fraudulent in-store demos, and stop suing everything that has "monster" in its name...

Jan 15, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #8 of 35

Quote:
Now all they have to do is stop making misleading marketing claims, fraudulent in-store demos, and stop suing everything that has "monster" in its name...

+1

Jan 15, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #10 of 35

Quote:
How much do we actually think that Dr. Dre had in the development and production of the Beats?  Monster has been making overpriced crap for a decade without the help of celebrity endorsement.

That's true, but Monster's own headphones aren't actually bad even if they are still a little pricey. They imo would have been better off simply rebranding those as Beats.

Jan 15, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #12 of 35

Quote:
That's true, but Monster's own headphones aren't actually bad even if they are still a little pricey. They imo would have been better off simply rebranding those as Beats.

Maybe Beats will come down in price if they aren't associated with the "Beats by Dre" brand.

Imagine: Beats Studio for $100-150.  Interesting.

Jan 15, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #13 of 35

Quote:
Maybe Beats will come down in price if they aren't associated with the "Beats by Dre" brand.

Imagine: Beats Studio for $100-150.  Interesting.

i can see that happening, or else things are gonna go downhill for dr dre.

Jan 15, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #14 of 35
I assume the "Beats" name would be taken along with Dre.

Jan 15, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #15 of 35
Half priced Beats still wouldn't interest me. They just didn't sound like high quality audio. I think their price point is okay if they cleaned up the sound, big time; although, what I'd really prefer is if reputable audio companies made stylin headphones. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back