Tragedy Strikes - RIP Sennheisers
Dec 5, 2007 at 8:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Collide

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone - last time I posted around here was back in 2005 when I was searching for a decent pair of cans, and I wound up choosing the Sennheiser HD485's, which I adored... until TRAGEDY STRUCK.

Last night, while extremely exhausted, I may have accidentally sat on these headphones, causing the head band to break.

Is there any cheap way I can replace this band (non-duct tape fix?), or would the better alternative be to purchase a new set of cans?

If so.. my price range is <$100, and I am very loyal to the Sennheiser brand.

Thank you all.
And please, no negative criticisms of my accident... I know I goofed up.
frown.gif

Dec 5, 2007 at 10:09 PM Post #5 of 8
I'm tempted to say if it ain't broke etc etc. If you like them that much you can still buy them off ebay, probably cheaper than you bought your original pair for, i.e. $45 new

Dec 5, 2007 at 10:32 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dyoel182 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You could always send them an email and ask.

x2 if your nice hey may throw you one on cheap or free

Dec 5, 2007 at 10:43 PM Post #8 of 8
You're in luck because in my experience sennheiser has been an amazing company to deal with when it comes to broken headphones.

A couple years ago, when my PX100s broke, I brought them (along with receipt) to the local office here in Montreal and they replaced it for free under warranty.

I was impressed by this so I brought in a bent-up right earpiece of some out-of-warranty PX200s. The story behind these headphones is that one rainy night I decided to take a shortcut through the woods biking home from work and the PX200s got lodged in the spokes of my bike. I heard the cracking of the plastic and I was thinking "Oh ****!" After a minute or so of searching in the dark I could only find the right earpiece of the headphones.

Well, they took in that earpiece along with $35 and gave me a brand new pair! This may not sound impressive to those of you in the US, where the PX200s are much cheaper, but here in Canada I bought these headphones for $90!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back