Trafomatic Head 2
Nov 23, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #31 of 267
Hmmmm...the picture under the "equipment" section of that review looks awfully familiar 
wink.gif

Dec 22, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #32 of 267
Do you guus notice a big difference when switching from balanced to se. There is an se version for sale at stereo desk for half the price.
Im also lwondering if you can select a color where the wood grain shows.

Dec 24, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #33 of 267
Do you guus notice a big difference when switching from balanced to se. There is an se version for sale at stereo desk for half the price.
Im also lwondering if you can select a color where the wood grain shows.

I'll have to try to check when I get home from vacation.  I had another head-fier ask the same question in PM but I had been too lazy to do the comparison tbh.  And you'd have to inquire with Stereodesk or Trafomatic on the wood grain option.  Honestly I can't imagine the outputs making a huge difference.  The 1/4" only was the original design, but the guy from Stereodesk convinced him to add the 4-pin XLR because much of the market prefers to have that option available.  So I'd have to assume, in design, it shouldn't be a significant difference.  However, Sasa has told me the 4-pin XLR is center-tapped off the output transformers, so it does produced a balanced "drive" on the XLR output.

Dec 24, 2015 at 6:18 PM Post #34 of 267

I'll have to try to check when I get home from vacation.  I had another head-fier ask the same question in PM but I had been to lazy to do the comparison tbh.  And you'd have to inquire with Stereodesk or Trafomatic on the wood grain option.  Honestly I can't imagine the outputs making a huge difference.  The 1/4" only was the original design, but the guy from Stereodesk convinced him to add the 4-pin XLR because much of the market prefers to have that option available.  So I'd have to assume, in design, it shouldn't be a significant difference.  However, Sasa has told me the 4-pin XLR is center-tapped off the output transformers, so it does produced a balanced "drive" on the XLR output.

Thanks a ton for the response! i wll be looking forward to it. This thing should be more popular given it sounds so good. 

Jan 1, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #35 of 267
Sorry grizzlybeast, I snagged the Head 2 from Stereo Desk. Very pleased with the purchase and excellent service from Stereo Desk. This amp is exactly as the reviews describe. Great tone, great dynamics, and plays well with my HD800 and T1's. I've had less then an hour of head time, but can tell this is a special amp. Plus, the design and finish of this amp is really beautiful.

Jan 2, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #36 of 267
Sorry grizzlybeast, I snagged the Head 2 from Stereo Desk. Very pleased with the purchase and excellent service from Stereo Desk. This amp is exactly as the reviews describe. Great tone, great dynamics, and plays well with my HD800 and T1's. I've had less then an hour of head time, but can tell this is a special amp. Plus, the design and finish of this amp is really beautiful.

Good to confirm my experiences, from another fellow EC fan. Different than my Super 7 but still great in it's own way. It's a shame I may also have to end up selling my Head 2 also. Overspent from my last "windfall" and may need to recoup some expense. I mostly like the form factor and versatility, aside from the sound.

Jan 2, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #37 of 267
I'm actually reconsidering. Having not much experience with totl amps I want my endgame amp to have the following and in the order listed.
Bass slam
Bass grip
Dynamics
Soundstage
Non fatiguing or aggressive dig
Transparency
High resale value
Still considering it though

Jan 2, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #38 of 267
I'm actually reconsidering. Having not much experience with totl amps I want my endgame amp to have the following and in the order listed.
Bass slam
Bass grip
Dynamics
Soundstage
Non fatiguing or aggressive dig
Transparency
High resale value
Still considering it though

The only knock on that relative to my S7 is just the bass slam. It is nice tight bass, but lacks the same depth and slam as the S7. I suspect this is a product of the larger Output transformers of Super 7, and possibly tube type differences. The difference was noticable with both the HD800 and HE1000 when I had it to test. This isn't to say the Head 2 is bass light. Just not a prodigious as the S7 in that regard. In all other aspects of the sound I prefer the Head 2, though.

Feb 2, 2016 at 11:56 PM Post #40 of 267
The only knock on that relative to my S7 is just the bass slam. It is nice tight bass, but lacks the same depth and slam as the S7. I suspect this is a product of the larger Output transformers of Super 7, and possibly tube type differences. The difference was noticable with both the HD800 and HE1000 when I had it to test. This isn't to say the Head 2 is bass light. Just not a prodigious as the S7 in that regard. In all other aspects of the sound I prefer the Head 2, though.

I really want your amp dude. I am waiting on funds and may miss it 
frown.gif

Feb 4, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #41 of 267
I really want your amp dude. I am waiting on funds and may miss it :frowning2:

Haha it's still available, though I raised the price back up a bit since I'm less desperate to sell than I was before. And the interest isn't as much as you would think since it doesn't have the brand recognition as some of the others around.

Sasa doesn't market as strongly as others. I think, because most of his business is doing custom high dollar builds for select customers, than focusing on standardized production models.

Feb 10, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #43 of 267
  Well I missed yours so I had to buy it brand new. 

I hope it doesn't take too long. Any idea on the lead times? Should have asked that first.

You should probably ask the dealer.  Mine didn't take too long, but it was already in Stock.  If you ordered anything custom, it may take quite a bit longer.  On a side note, the person I sold mine to, seems to like it very much, so far.  I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back