Traditional Earbud-style Android Headset
Oct 3, 2014 at 10:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Valaire

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I've spent literally years trying to find a product that fits my needs but these days it seems like it's impossible to find.  I am looking for a quality set of earbuds that are NOT in-ear that also support a 3-button mic for Android phones.  It seems the entire market has moved towards in-ear phones and it is almost impossible to use google to find earbuds that are in the style of the apple earbuds.  For reference, I have purchased high-end (or at least spent $100+) in-ear phones with 3-button mics, like the Sabotage Royales, but I cannot find a comfortable fit from all of the different tips included, and furthermore, I do not want a seal anyway as I live in NYC and walk around a lot and would much rather sacrifice sound quality for situational awareness.

Either way, as I have discovered from various in-ear phones I've tried they are a complete non-starter for my ears -- can't get 'em in, keep 'em in, with any level of comfort.  I keep searching every 6 months for a solid wired or wireless solution that is not invasive (I'm fine with something as simple as an apple earbud style) but also fully supports my Android phone, but thus far I've turned up nothing in my research so I'm turning to you guys.

It's gotten to the point where I'm pretty much committed to buying in on the smartwatch craze just so I can control my music player from my watch and thereby eliminate some of the need for a 3-button mic.  Are there others like me and what do you use? :)

Thanks.

Oct 3, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #3 of 4
I'm glad to know I'm not alone!  Those look promising although I can't find much information on whether or not the mic is 3-button and whether or not it is compatible with Android (my understanding is that it's either built according to Apple's standard or the one Android uses, which makes it harder to find an Android-specific one unless it advertises such).  Anyway, let me know how it is. :)  Thanks.

Oct 3, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #4 of 4
I did find a review of the ATHCHX7iS on Amazon where someone stated
there is a volume control on the cord and a button, which serves as a pause and a track selection button on your android phone.

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATHCHX7ISBK-Earbud-Smartphone/product-reviews/B00IIIGRJO/ref=cm_cr_dp_see_all_btm?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

So there's a button and volume slider. Not a full 3 button, but I've given up on finding the perfect Android earbuds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back