Trade for the Perfect player in the world ---Hisound’s Studio 3rd Anniversary edition
Aug 14, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #16 of 795
Sorry for the absent, I Just back to work from my holiday. I will PM these who are interested on it.Thanks.Jack

Can you expand on the hiss issue? I was talking with Todd of TTVJ Audio about trying your Studio V. However, I can not tolerate background hiss. I most likely use Westones UM3XRC or Klipsch x10i.

Thanks

Aug 14, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #19 of 795
Quote:
Rocoo BA might suit you better, I get no hiss from both Dynamic or BA iem's. 

Lucky you. I think it could also depend on which ones you are using. I get hiss although its not a deal breaker for me, but its not a black background for sure. When listening to music generally though I can't hear the hiss unless its a song with quiet passages. That's when I get irritated.\

Well good news is I got my Studio V 3rd ANV in. I have to admit its quite nice looking. Its a bright silver color opposed to the darker black aluminum finish. It's definitely will stick out more in public (not sure if that is a plus or not). The hiss is significantly reduced compared to its older sister. I still find the hiss to be slightly more in quantity to the Roco BA but a rather big improvement from previously. I'm still gonna use my 30 Ohm adapter with it though to basically remove all audible hiss during music playback. Props to hisound for at least making improvements. If they keep it up I bet they will one day eliminate all hiss. :).

One thing I'm noticing though is that this player gets quite hot when being charged. It's more reminiscent of a Class A amp lol.

Aug 15, 2012 at 4:00 AM Post #20 of 795
Quote:
Lucky you. I think it could also depend on which ones you are using. I get hiss although its not a deal breaker for me, but its not a black background for sure. When listening to music generally though I can't hear the hiss unless its a song with quiet passages. That's when I get irritated.\

so anything that doesn't have a completely black background considered hiss? woops, I didn't know that
redface.gif
Rocoo BA does not have a completely black background for sure!
smile.gif

Aug 15, 2012 at 4:05 AM Post #21 of 795
Quote:

Well good news is I got my Studio V 3rd ANV in. I have to admit its quite nice looking. Its a bright silver color opposed to the darker black aluminum finish. It's definitely will stick out more in public (not sure if that is a plus or not). The hiss is significantly reduced compared to its older sister. I still find the hiss to be slightly more in quantity to the Roco BA but a rather big improvement from previously. I'm still gonna use my 30 Ohm adapter with it though to basically remove all audible hiss during music playback. Props to hisound for at least making improvements. If they keep it up I bet they will one day eliminate all hiss. :).

One thing I'm noticing though is that this player gets quite hot when being charged. It's more reminiscent of a Class A amp lol.

Are you the first one to get it? How? Did Jack already email everybody who "qualified" for this promo?
confused_face(1).gif

sooorry about the double post

Aug 15, 2012 at 5:52 AM Post #22 of 795
Quote:
so anything that doesn't have a completely black background considered hiss? woops, I didn't know that
redface.gif
Rocoo BA does not have a completely black background for sure!
smile.gif

Yeah when you hear noise that sounds like a snake or ssssss, I call that hiss :wink:.

Aug 15, 2012 at 5:53 AM Post #23 of 795
Quote:

Are you the first one to get it? How? Did Jack already email everybody who "qualified" for this promo?
confused_face(1).gif

sooorry about the double post

I think he may be still contacting people.

Update: Really enjoying the sound I am getting out of this unit....... I can see this as my portable over the DX100 :wink:. This unit is strikingly transparent.... I will be doing a more thorough review on this unit for sure. It definitely warrants it IMO.... Stay tuned :wink:.

Aug 15, 2012 at 10:59 AM Post #24 of 795
I really hope I get to review one of these. I like my RoCoo quite a bit. Always thought I wouldn't want the thicker case but if this sounds better and holds a longer change along with that build, it may be the perfect device for everyday use. As always Lee, thanks for the early impressions. I'm sure it will only get better.

Aug 15, 2012 at 11:13 AM Post #25 of 795
Quote:
I really hope I get to review one of these. I like my RoCoo quite a bit. Always thought I wouldn't want the thicker case but if this sounds better and holds a longer change along with that build, it may be the perfect device for everyday use. As always Lee, thanks for the early impressions. I'm sure it will only get better.

Oh I thought you had a Studio V? The Studio is a a noticeable improvement over its sister the Rocoo Ba. When comparing them I actually found myself a bit disappointed in the Rocoo and needed to amp it to find them more comparable. Not saying the BA is a bad unit just not up to par with Hisounds flagship. This new iteration though is definitely an improvement regarding sound quality. The more time I spend with it the more in love I'm falling :wink:. I just love how well controlled the sound is now. Treble in particular seems to be more controlled/refined; more in line with the mids and bass. Bass is there in nice quantity and quality. No way does it overexert itself or come off as anemic, it's just right. The mid range is by far my favorite. Very rich, upfront/intimate. This unit turns the IE80 into a detail freak IMO.

Aug 15, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #27 of 795
Quote:
The hiss is significantly reduced compared to its older sister. I still find the hiss to be slightly more in quantity to the Roco BA but a rather big improvement from previously.

Lee, how much reduction in hiss is there compared to the older version? Can you give like a estimate in percentage?

Anyway, really eager to get my hands on one, hope i have the opportunity to review the newer version :D

Aug 15, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #28 of 795
Quote:

Lee, how much reduction in hiss is there compared to the older version? Can you give like a estimate in percentage?

Anyway, really eager to get my hands on one :D

Its a bit hard for me to determine that from auditory memory but I'll give it my best. I'd say slightly less than half the hiss. Give or take 60 to 65% reduction in hiss. I still see the need to use at least a 30 Ohm adapter which solves the  hiss issue IMO and it doesn't kill the sound which is a big plus.  At that point I'd say the hiss levels are in DX100 territory (medium gain) as I can also hear hiss even on that unit. Pretty much if you got a complaint at that point it's really just nitpicking because it doesn't interfere with music at all, even on super low volume listening.

Aug 15, 2012 at 11:33 PM Post #29 of 795
Quote:
Can you expand on the hiss issue? I was talking with Todd of TTVJ Audio about trying your Studio V. However, I can not tolerate background hiss. I most likely use Westones UM3XRC or Klipsch x10i.
Thanks

HI, Audio Addit

Thank you for your question. We test the STUDIO 3rd ANV with SE 530  , TF 10 , ie 8.  or so, There is no audioable hiss. We have no UM3XRC for testing. but we can ensure you that the hiss level of SUTDIO 3rd ANV is much reduced compaired with the previous studio V.
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back