Tracks that once brought you into tears for any reason
Nov 4, 2022 at 8:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

F700

Headphoneus Supremus
Another music-related thread… no-one needs it! Absolutely true, but still, why not sharing the tunes that unexpectedly or expectedly (because sometimes, even if we don’t admit it, we are looking for these tears releasing our heavy hearts and minds) that brought us into tears, no matter the reason behind it.

It might be the music itself; you are taken by surprise and asking yourself why does it suddenly rain on your cheek? Do you feel overwhelmed with happiness? Deep sadness? Do you need to release « some weight »? Any other reason?

Don’t be shy or ashamed, this is the thread where the music that makes/made people being emotional can be shared and posted.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2022 at 9:00 PM Post #2 of 29
I should start, I guess? Well, music is a very strong emotion conveyor. No matter the music genre actually. Happiness, sadness, stress, grieve, moment of grace, you name it… dropping a tear while listening to a piece of music surely happened once in everyone’s lifetime (let’s assume it).

Music is my everyday, after my loved ones. Feeling so many emotions over the years of music listening is a blessing. A lot of laugh, foot taping, head banging, but also moments of calm, when the music envelopes you and doesn’t let you go. No escape, just your senses and the warmth building up…

Last time I experienced such a moment was 20 minutes ago, hence this thread.

I got my « punched in the guts resulting in a tear unexpectedly coming down out of my right eye» moment at 3min45. This is what nice music does to me sometimes…. Please share your moments fellow head-fiers

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2022 at 9:34 PM Post #3 of 29
I don't remember many times where music has brought a tear to my eye, but there were definitely times where my eyes were watery and about to cry. I don't know if this is cheating, but original soundtracks from film/movies have brought me some emotion. So, some of the tears were conjured from the film and the music, but I've had some teary moments listening to the music itself afterwards. In terms of sadness and grief, both of these have made me feel emotional and made me have watery eyes:

Evan Call - Never Coming Back

At 0:22, the strings makes you feel lonely. The strings at 0:52 sounds melancholic. Then, at 1:50, a part begins that is also sad.

Evan Call - In Remembrance

The song is overall slow. The instrument at the start mixes with the sad strings at 0:23. The title also states its purpose: "In remembrance".

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2022 at 10:02 PM Post #4 of 29
I don't remember many times where music has brought a tear to my eye, but there were definitely times where my eyes were watery and about to cry. I don't know if this is cheating, but original soundtracks from film/movies have brought me some emotion. So, some of the tears were conjured from the film and the music, but I've had some teary moments listening to the music itself afterwards. In terms of sadness and grief, both of these have made me feel emotional and made me have watery eyes:

Evan Call - Never Coming Back

At 0:22, the strings made me feel lonely. The strings at 0:52 sounds melancholic. Then, at 1:50, a "solo" begins that also made me feel lonely.

Evan Call - In Remembrance

The song is overall slow. The instrument at the start mixes with the sad strings at 0:23. The title also states its purpose: "In remembrance".

Beautiful pieces, thanks for sharing. The second track has something very special to it!

Film soundtrack - powerful material when it come to emotion. My favorite movie is Heat, with De Niro and Pacino, 1995. The hunt between both characters during the whole movie comes to a gigantic climax. This scene is pure bliss musically speaking. A slight remodeled Moby’s track from 1996 manages to brings the last scene to the next level. Unforgettable. I had my moments with it, having watched the movie at least 30 times.

SPOILERS!!! DON’T WATCH THE VIDEO IF YOU WANT TO WATCH THE MOVIE FIRST

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2022 at 10:09 PM Post #5 of 29
Music has got me to crying many times over the years.
If I have a weak spot these days though as my folks get older its this fine offering from them good ole boys Lynyrd Skynyrd.
https://tidal.com/track/570097

Used to be that Janis Joplin could get me with this one but I just don't listen to it anymore. https://tidal.com/track/544213

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2022 at 11:25 PM Post #7 of 29
Don't know why, but Japanese tracks comes to mind. I guess the expression of sorrow was really effective with these tracks. It's really the melody that does it. With blues, it's the lyrics not the melody.

This movie was so sad. The sountrack. With more viewings, the story seems to unfold more and more.

Lots of emotions in the expression

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2022 at 1:35 PM Post #13 of 29

It still makes me emotional when I listen to it reminds of the day I felt so utterly alone. A week after I saw the movie Jonathan Livingston Seagull for the first time , added the soundtrack to my music collection. I was in my fourth month at University of Cape Town my adoptive parents emigrated to australia the beginning of that year. I chose not to go and there was some drama .
A week after I had a knee Arthroscopy on my left knee because i had injured it a year earlier during Judo practise and it just never got better, I was called back to the surgeons office . He told me during surgery he sent some tissue away to lab for tests and it came back positive for synovial sarcoma. He was extremely kind symphateic but also truthful. It is an agressive cancer and only 50% of people survied 10 years there is a greater chance that i would lose my leg, definetly if the tumor has spread anywhere close to any lymph nodes. I went back to the house I shared with 3 final year girls ( I could not get a place on campus as I enrolled late ) .Sat on the sofa and cried for a hour untill one of the girls came in . We never really mingled before as i was rather timid back then , she just sat next to me and stroked my back and hugged me close gradually I came back to life. Two surgeries chemo and radiation and 9 months with only 6 weeks of school missed and a pass in all but one subject , I was clear. During that time my housemate and her family was all I could ask for. That was 13 years ago I had another round of surgery chemo and radiation therapy three years after clear since then.

This song was a musical gift from the older sister of my house mate and also a tear jerker.

Nov 10, 2022 at 5:57 PM Post #15 of 29
Amazing pieces of music shared within the last few days. I have listened to all of them. Pffff, some loaded stuff (I mean it positively). Thanks to all of you for sharing very emotional and private aspects of your lives with some « kind of » digital buddies.
Before going to sleep, I wanted to share the following tracks with you. They all have a special meaning and went under my skin at some point. All time favorites when it comes to feel music at another level of consciousness, and always for different reasons, that are even unknown to me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back