Track info in Foobar2000
Jun 28, 2007 at 3:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Anarchy965

500+ Head-Fier
I know that panels UI has the Track info panel mod built in, but I still use Columns UI(I don't have the time to set up a media player without a gui).
Is there a way I can get something similar to track info ui working in Columns UI?

Jun 28, 2007 at 4:43 PM Post #2 of 5
foo_uie_trackinfo or foo_uie_trackinfo_mod ? I don't use panels UI myself so am not sure what you are referring to, but these are the components for normal columns UI

Jun 29, 2007 at 12:22 AM Post #4 of 5
You can use both regular and mod versions of foo_ui_trackinfo in ColumnsUI. In fact, you can even create a single column playlist in ColumnsUI.

I recommend giving PanelsUI a try though...once I switched my personal config to it (after years using ColumnsUI) I was very glad that I did and won't be going back anytime soon. PanelsUI gives you much better control over your interface. Some advantages include: no dividers between the sections, using icons with pop-up menus for the Foobar2000 menu bar and playlist selection, the ability to place script that manipulates your artist/track/album names in one place (rather than in every component that needs it), etc.

If you are going to use PanelsUI I recommend just starting with their default layout, rather than downloading one of the many complex configs that are floating around.

Jun 29, 2007 at 6:57 AM Post #5 of 5
Thanks for all the help guys, I actually just sweitched to Panels_UI though. I saw FofR 0.9 on digg and i had to have it. It's amazing and easy to set up too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back