Toying with the Idea: Austin, TX Mini-Meet (Seriously. Mini is the key word here)
Aug 3, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #16 of 28
Hi, I live in Austin and I'd love to join in. I was prevented from getting serious over the past few years by repeated moves and remodeling but I'd be very keen on hearing a serious hp listening system at long last, especially with electrostatic or planar magnetic drivers.

I have some basic toys of my own to bring but nothing unusual (unless someone would like to check out a GuitarJack 2; the rest is Duet I/K701/iMod 4g/RSA SR71/original Atrios -- nice oldies).

Side note -- did Amtrak to Chicago once: Austin to Dallas took seven hours!

Phil

Aug 3, 2012 at 11:36 PM Post #17 of 28
009 is probably only staying through the weekend so anyone that wants to hear it had best get over here tomorrow. Anytime before 6 or so tomorrow would be fine. PM me for the location.

Aug 7, 2012 at 9:11 AM Post #20 of 28
Quote:
Yes I do though Alex might be coming to pry it away from me soon. Want to come over tomorrow before 12:30 and try it? :D

I have a pretty full day at work today, unfortunately.  

So... after reading the 800 thread it sounds like you are in the market for one? 

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #22 of 28
To get 009s? Big step in price.

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #23 of 28
After doing the math I shouldn't need to throw in too much more to get them and the LLs (in the grand scheme of things). 

To sell:
Calyx 24/192 (Which was already for sale)
HD800
Liquid Fire
iMac (This one will hurt a bit, but I've got my MBP and haven't played games in a good while so it's basically a really expensive 27" TV right now)

You said you wouldn't at the Dallas meet, but man...after hearing it? I can't stop myself. At least there's nowhere to go from here.

Quote:
To get 009s? Big step in price.

Aug 7, 2012 at 2:54 PM Post #25 of 28
After doing the math I shouldn't need to throw in too much more to get them and the LLs (in the grand scheme of things). 

To sell:
Calyx 24/192 (Which was already for sale)
HD800
Liquid Fire
iMac (This one will hurt a bit, but I've got my MBP and haven't played games in a good while so it's basically a really expensive 27" TV right now)

You said you wouldn't at the Dallas meet, but man...after hearing it? I can't stop myself. At least there's nowhere to go from here.

Yeah I'm not interested in owning a set of 009s. And yes I have heard them.

Aug 7, 2012 at 3:25 PM Post #26 of 28
Yeah I'm not interested in owning a set of 009s. And yes I have heard them.

Oh no. I totally get your preference. I know what kind of sound you like. :D

I knew you'd heard them and they weren't for you. But after I heard them...powerless.

And yes...I'm in the market for one.

Aug 7, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #27 of 28
Travis are those stock tubes in your LF?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back