Tourmaline Negative Ion Generators?
May 29, 2008 at 1:49 PM Post #16 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, you have to block the negative ions. There is a cost effective way to do this:

foilhat.jpg

It'll make your blacks blacker, too.

I must know...is that the new Jena Labs cryogenically treated "Cranuim Foil" you're wearing?

May 29, 2008 at 7:10 PM Post #17 of 48
i dont know if the product of that company work or not,but one that really worked for me is the tourmaline stones(black) beacuse these stones absorbs radiation and RFI/EMI from the electronics.
i also was skeptical about these stones but when placed fews stones on my amp
and pc and resuts was unbelievable, similiar when you use ERS sheets.

May 29, 2008 at 7:40 PM Post #18 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Golden Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I have a revolutionary new product that will enhance your listening and viewing experience by stimulating neurons in the brain directly.

I like Golden Monkey's idea best.
wink.gif
But unfortunately his idea is, these days anyway, even more expensive than the negative tourmaline ion gun.
frown.gif

I am curious how black rocks can make your sound better? What do they change in the sound quality?

May 29, 2008 at 8:39 PM Post #19 of 48
I read somewhere that the black rocks are actually excreted by shadow people and dumped from above by black helicopters!

See ya
Steve

Jun 6, 2008 at 10:24 AM Post #21 of 48
I'm not saying this stuff works, but I'm curious as to why it is being so easily dismissed? I already figured one angle that might account for the improvements. If negative ion's promote healthy air, it ought to improve our hearing and vision, thus it is not working on the gear persay, but in our ability to hear and see what our gear is outputting. LOL ok, so I'm no scientist. Now, interestingly enough another company is putting out a version of this "technology" that treats cd's and vinyl Xionic Tourmo Gun Hmmm...that shoots my healthy air theory all to hell LOL

Jun 6, 2008 at 12:46 PM Post #22 of 48
Well, you can consider one argument, which considers the fact that a hi-fi set-up is intended to recreate / simulate the original performance. It is most likely that were you listening at the original performance, a Tourmaline Negative Ion Generator was not also present. Therefore, even if it does what it says on the tin, its addition to a speaker set-up is pointless and more likely counter productive.

And need we discuss why "treating" a digital source medium is rubbish?

Jun 7, 2008 at 3:40 AM Post #23 of 48
I have heard that filling your room full of nitrogen gas can improve the sound, since it porpogates sound waves more effectivly. The down side is you can only listen as long as you can hold your breathe.

But thats a small sacrifice for the ultimate tweek.

Jun 7, 2008 at 3:42 AM Post #24 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Budgie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have heard that filling your room full of nitrogen gas can improve the sound, since it porpogates sound waves more effectivly. The down side is you can only listen as long as you can hold your breathe.

But thats a small sacrifice for the ultimate tweek.

Well, there's always the rebreather from your local friendly scuba gear dealer.
wink.gif

Jun 7, 2008 at 4:05 AM Post #27 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not saying this stuff works, but I'm curious as to why it is being so easily dismissed? I already figured one angle that might account for the improvements. If negative ion's promote healthy air, it ought to improve our hearing and vision, thus it is not working on the gear persay, but in our ability to hear and see what our gear is outputting. LOL ok, so I'm no scientist. Now, interestingly enough another company is putting out a version of this "technology" that treats cd's and vinyl Xionic Tourmo Gun Hmmm...that shoots my healthy air theory all to hell LOL

It should actually not be dismissed, but ridiculed, as many in this thread have virtuously done.

First, because it doesn't appeal to common sense at all.
Second, once you realize that it doesn't make sense, you may want to see whether it is scientifically proven, which it is clearly not.
Third, even if it the mechanism was scientifically proven to work, the product in question is overpriced and of questionable quality.

At this point you either have a chuckle thinking that someone may be fooled into buying the product, or you get a fan and a piece of tourmaline and try it out for yourself.

Jun 7, 2008 at 4:37 AM Post #28 of 48
Quote-"At this point you either have a chuckle thinking that someone may be fooled into buying the product, or you get a fan and a piece of tourmaline and try it out for yourself."

Or get some lovely earings.

I wonder which pair would look best with my black Sony 7506's?

Jun 7, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #29 of 48
Quote:

It should actually not be dismissed, but ridiculed, as many in this thread have virtuously done.

First, because it doesn't appeal to common sense at all.
Second, once you realize that it doesn't make sense, you may want to see whether it is scientifically proven, which it is clearly not.
Third, even if it the mechanism was scientifically proven to work, the product in question is overpriced and of questionable quality.

Well, I don't know enough about the science involved to chuckle, ridicule or even guess at the common sense aspect of it. I do know that several members of a audiophile club have checked it out and found, subjectively, that improvements occured. Not knowing how subjectively biased these club members were in their evaluation, it leaves open the question for me. I have been offered an opportunity to try out the gun for treating CD's. Having nothing to lose in this opportunity, I accepted. I prefer to find out things for myself before allowing common sense or any other "pre-judgement" to occur in evaluating a product. To me that is common sense
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 8, 2008 at 12:28 AM Post #30 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I don't know enough about the science involved to chuckle, ridicule or even guess at the common sense aspect of it. I do know that several members of a audiophile club have checked it out and found, subjectively, that improvements occured.

I would be very VERY skeptical of that member of the audiophile club and of the club itself. If you want to know what will improve the sound of your system, you need to isolate and understand the problem first. Then look for a solution that addresses it. If you think it's smart to keep an open mind and randomly try suggestions in the hopes they aren't ignorant, you're going to be reinventing the wheel over and over.

Subjective impressions are a poor substitute for thinking for yourself.

See ya
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back