Tour De France
Jul 5, 2005 at 8:41 PM Post #31 of 88
I dont like the Tour de Frace... Mtn. Biking all the way
icon10.gif
that and lance is a jerk for divorcing his wife when she helped him through cancer and the fact that they have kids...jerk
icon10.gif

... I forgot about that snowman... I guess that makes sense!

Jul 5, 2005 at 8:44 PM Post #32 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alu
Weird bike...that.

Not really, looks like a standard road bike/racer/tourer though if it were mine I would go for a slightly bigger frame and lower the seat a nudge, I am too old to bend my back that much
biggrin.gif

I would also put a bottle holder on it as I have no waterboy
biggrin.gif

Jul 5, 2005 at 11:46 PM Post #35 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Genetic
Great champions for sure, but they are the end result of a group effort. That's why I have always had a preference for real individual sports like tennis. So who was the all time best?.....Roy Emerson or Pete Sampras?
biggrin.gif

Amicalement

Yes, but by that logic even Tennis is a collaborative effort. The top players have coaches and trainers, nutritionists, PAs and so on. The latest (ha ha) great british tennis hopeful (Andrew Murray) reckons he needs $150K per year to pay his backroom staff
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
- and this is a Kid who has played a mere 8 games on the full ATP circuit. You have to go a long way back to the "gentlemen and players" era before you get truly individual effort of champions. Today sport is just too big a business to be left just to the talent of the players themselves - shrug.

Sampras gets my vote (for now)
biggrin.gif

Jul 6, 2005 at 12:46 AM Post #36 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1
I dont like the Tour de Frace... Mtn. Biking all the way

you have your opinion, the rest of the world has theirs.

i dont like electrostatic headphones, dynamic drivers all the way. i sound pretty dum saying that.

i personally dont like lance becuse he only races the tdf. i have much more respect for racers who race all of the time.

Jul 6, 2005 at 1:01 AM Post #37 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by hciman77
Yes, but by that logic even Tennis is a collaborative effort.
(....)
Sampras gets my vote (for now)
biggrin.gif

This can't be true.....please.....tell me you're joking. When tennis serves are comming at you at speed well over 200 klm, no trainers will change anything if your reproductive system is still in the line of fire....
biggrin.gif

Back to cycling, I was merely trying to state my position about the direct collective actions involved in this discipline. The members of the team use all sort of tactics to change the pace of the event and influence the outcome in favor of one man. As a team they contribute much more to the action, since they are the action, than any coach shouthing in the official team's car.

Amicalement

P.S. I'm more on the side of Emerson. But when Sampras was smashing in your direction there was only one option: to pray....
biggrin.gif

Jul 6, 2005 at 1:14 AM Post #38 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by TWIFOSP
"Some People" are suggesting that Lances cancer treatments, which included suppliment hormones, are actually an unfair advantage which would otherwise be illegal, but are being overlooked due to it being... ahem... well cancer.

That's got to be an urban legend. Hormones are almost never used to treat cancer. The core problem with cancer is cells multiplying uncontrollably; hormones stimulate this behavior, not reduce it.

Jul 6, 2005 at 1:51 AM Post #39 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1
anyone notice the road bike on the logo in the top left?

is there some race or something significant about it?

HAHAHAHAaaaah. Good one!
icon10.gif

Jul 6, 2005 at 2:11 AM Post #40 of 88
Where is that bike logo? I don't see one. Although I remember it from last year.

EDIT: WTH? I just reloaded the page and the bike appeared out of nothing
eek.gif
(I use Firefox).
rolleyes.gif

Jul 6, 2005 at 2:33 AM Post #41 of 88
Roadies and mtn. bikers can live in peaceful co-existence, you know.
tongue.gif
Just like Harley's and Japanese motorcycles.
If only we could get people to stop spitting on the man with the most incredible endurance in the world.
A 3 minute climb in the woods, and I'm tasting my breakfast.

Jul 6, 2005 at 2:45 AM Post #42 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
If only we could get people to stop spitting on the man with the most incredible endurance in the world.

The man can test his endurance on all the Sheryl Crow of this world
biggrin.gif
the point is that some of us are not ready to burn the records books base on his performances.

Being a sport hero is not always an easy job.

Amicalement

Jul 6, 2005 at 2:52 AM Post #43 of 88
cool logo, i didnt notice it before!

Jul 6, 2005 at 2:57 AM Post #44 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
Roadies and mtn. bikers can live in peaceful co-existence, you know.
tongue.gif
Just like Harley's and Japanese motorcycles.
A 3 minute climb in the woods, and I'm tasting my breakfast.

Ha! just like Jeep guys and rice rockets can get along
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back