Tour de France 2010
Jul 11, 2010 at 4:43 PM Post #17 of 53
Too bad Armstrong got so badly trashed that last stage. That's one less interesting cyclist in the tour.

Schleck did great. I still can't stand Contador.

Jul 11, 2010 at 7:23 PM Post #19 of 53
It has certainly been a good tour so far...
Lance doing domestique duty for Levi will be good to see I think.
Andy Shleck and Alberto Contador are my bets for yellow in Paris, but I expect to see some more from Mark Cavendish, Tor Hushvod, and Levi before the end of it.

Jul 11, 2010 at 7:36 PM Post #20 of 53
It's amazing that no one has mentioned Evans. I think the guy has a real chance. He will probably hand the jersey off on Tuesday's stage but the guy is one of the best in the TT, plus the way he rode in the classics and on the cobbles he looks sharp. I hope Contador underestimates him as well.
Too bad about Lance, I was hoping he would be able to go out with another podium. I hope he at least goes for a stage win, I wonder which one?

Jul 11, 2010 at 7:44 PM Post #21 of 53

Quote:
It's amazing that no one has mentioned Evans. I think the guy has a real chance. He will probably hand the jersey off on Tuesday's stage but the guy is one of the best in the TT, plus the way he rode in the classics and on the cobbles he looks sharp. I hope Contador underestimates him as well.
Too bad about Lance, I was hoping he would be able to go out with another podium. I hope he at least goes for a stage win, I wonder which one?

Maybe Tueday...that would be where he used to do it...

Jul 12, 2010 at 4:49 AM Post #22 of 53
I missed yesterday as I watched the British GP and the world cup final, did Lance Armstrong crash or did he just get overwhelmed? Seeing him is like seeing Michael Schumacher in the F1. Any 'hopes' of them making a come back to victory are gone and I just hope neither ends up appearing sad and desperate.

Jul 12, 2010 at 8:56 AM Post #23 of 53

Quote:
I missed yesterday as I watched the British GP and the world cup final, did Lance Armstrong crash or did he just get overwhelmed? Seeing him is like seeing Michael Schumacher in the F1. Any 'hopes' of them making a come back to victory are gone and I just hope neither ends up appearing sad and desperate.

He clipped his pedal, I believe on the curb, and went down hard and rolled. He was involved in at least one other minor crash that just slowed him down. I think that he's something like eighteen minutes out...

Jul 13, 2010 at 10:38 AM Post #26 of 53
yeah, it was surprising to see Evans go off the back...

Jul 13, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #29 of 53
Same here. I just can't stand Contador's arrogance.

Here's to Schleck to put him in his place.

Jul 13, 2010 at 6:48 PM Post #30 of 53
Those of you who think Contador is arrogant, where do you get that impression? I'm not defending him, I just haven't got that from him.

Apparently Evans was riding with a fractured elbow today. In that case he should have our utmost respect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back