TOUR CLOSED - US Head-Fi Tour: PWAudio CIEM Upgrade Cables (Both 2-Pin and MMCX) - Starting October 2018
Oct 12, 2018 at 7:14 PM Post #32 of 160
I live in Merrillville, IN and would like to participate in the tour.
I agree to follow the terms of the tour. I already emailed the required ID verification documentations to billb@cleardiff.com.
In just under the radar, logistics is now complete. Will be mailing out by Monday to start the tour.

Oct 17, 2018 at 2:07 PM Post #33 of 160
Officially We Begin - Shipped Tour Kits out Yesterday
So I finally shipped out - oouch, that was more painful than I thought letting go. Those cables are magnificent and pair very well with my CIEMs taking them to new heights. The quality of these cables is like jewelry and feel very solid while being very ergonomic. The SQ was outstanding. My favorites were all of them for different reasons, but if I had to choose not worrying about budget, I would add the 1960 to my A18, the 1980 to my 12t, and as a budget choice, the No. 5 was outstanding. That is not to say that the others were not outstanding as well so you will see that you can buy any of them in your price range without regrets. Regardless, you will see for yourselves soon. Enjoy! - Bill

Oct 17, 2018 at 9:29 PM Post #34 of 160
Officially We Begin - Shipped Tour Kits out Yesterday
So I finally shipped out - oouch, that was more painful than I thought letting go. Those cables are magnificent and pair very well with my CIEMs taking them to new heights. The quality of these cables is like jewelry and feel very solid while being very ergonomic. The SQ was outstanding. My favorites were all of them for different reasons, but if I had to choose not worrying about budget, I would add the 1960 to my A18, the 1980 to my 12t, and as a budget choice, the No. 5 was outstanding. That is not to say that the others were not outstanding as well so you will see that you can buy any of them in your price range without regrets. Regardless, you will see for yourselves soon. Enjoy! - Bill
Cant wait for my turn, talking about jewelry, the 1960s 4 wires cost more than an 18k gold chain in the same length:ksc75smile:

Oct 18, 2018 at 12:35 AM Post #35 of 160
Cant wait for my turn, talking about jewelry, the 1960s 4 wires cost more than an 18k gold chain in the same length:ksc75smile:
But the 1960s sound better with your CIEMs. :confused:

Oct 18, 2018 at 10:22 PM Post #37 of 160
Cables received! It's going to be a long night...

Edit: I am going to buy the 1980. @Barra anyone on the tour gets 80% off right?

tenor.gif

-Collin-

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2018 at 12:06 AM Post #39 of 160

-Collin-

80% off if you ship your kidney with payment lol

Oct 21, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #40 of 160
Yes it does :ksc75smile: currently have the 1960s 2 wires and no.5 8 wires, both sound great, just cant wait to try the rest of the line up to see how it pair with my phantom and lx, was about to buy the 1950s but kinda expensive, might settle with 1980s after I try it out

-Collin-

You can always DREAM:ksc75smile:

Check out the PM I just sent out to our participants.

Oct 23, 2018 at 12:50 AM Post #43 of 160

Got the kit in my hands! Wow these are some nice looking wires. @Barra, 7 days just isn't enough time for running through this many wires, This is gonna be a task! A fun one but still a task!
Its quite the kit, isn't it?

Oct 23, 2018 at 10:16 PM Post #44 of 160
So my initial thoughts of the first 4 cables I tried.

The 1950's cable is an amazing cable. Very much worthy of a TOTL praise. It enhanced everything, the sound stage is wider, the bass is extended and textured, the mids are perfect and the highs are extended. Outstanding cable it's gonna be hard to beat a cable that enhances my U18t's and makes them sound even better.
The 1960's cable was a little less than the 1950, but still much of the same, if anything the bass was a bit more pronounced. All in all, much the same and I had a hard time distinguishing any difference.
The 1980's cable had something the others didn't, it brought the sub bass and mids up a bit. It was like applying 2-3db low shelf boost up to about 600Hz. This made my U18t's very fun to listen to and because of it, is probably my favorite so far.

I'll keep posting my thoughts as I work my way through these cables.

Oct 24, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #45 of 160
Picking up the tourkit today from the post office, I was away from home for the last couple of days so I missed them when they were delivered to me, so I'll sign for them today and give them all a quick listen and get them shipped out to the next person Friday.
Why don't you wait until Monday to ship them out? waiting an extra 2 days won't kill me, nor any one else I suspect. You've done enough for these tours to warrant the extra 2 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back