TOUR CLOSED - 64 Audio US CIEM Demo Tour - Trio and 12t >>> Starting March 2018
Aug 25, 2018 at 12:06 AM Post #271 of 286
Small update: Well, due to the hurricane, the delivery has been postponed. Was scheduled to arrive today (Friday), but USPS did not work today. Hopefully they're back to work tomorrow, and it'll hopefully arrive then. If not, it's not getting to me until Monday.

Aug 25, 2018 at 3:22 PM Post #272 of 286
DE646FA7-59EE-4023-B28D-8C5E43E244A8.jpeg EE2806C1-77AF-44A3-99BF-ADBFFD30D4C2.jpeg Tour kit arrived, everything looks to be in order

Sep 4, 2018 at 5:38 PM Post #274 of 286
Tour kit shipped to vegasf1, have fun!

Sep 7, 2018 at 10:24 PM Post #276 of 286
Right off the bat I like the Trios sound signature better. I will play with all of the included tips and tips I own to see if I can get a good sound out of the U12t. I'm glad I have the chance to test these as it will help me make a decision on what to buy. I was leaning towards the A12t and I know the ciem version is different from the U12t, but I think I can get a general idea of how it should sound based off the universal version with a good seal.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2018 at 10:51 PM Post #277 of 286
Right off the bat I like the Trios sound signature better. I will play with all of the included tips and tips I own to see if I can get a good sound out of the U12t. I'm glad I have the chance to test these as it will help me make a decision on what to buy. I was leaning towards the A12t and I know the ciem version is different from the U12t, but I think I can get a general idea of how it should sound based off the universal version with a good deal.

I like how both have great vocal clarity. My girlfriend tried both of them with her favorite singer Celine Dion and could tell they were much better than what I currently own. She liked them better than the focal clear headphones.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2018 at 11:33 PM Post #278 of 286
Right off the bat I like the Trios sound signature better. I will play with all of the included tips and tips I own to see if I can get a good sound out of the U12t. I'm glad I have the chance to test these as it will help me make a decision on what to buy. I was leaning towards the A12t and I know the ciem version is different from the U12t, but I think I can get a general idea of how it should sound based off the universal version with a good deal.
Yes, the custom version is very different. I'm sure that a lot had to do with the seal, and possibly how close the tia driver is to your eardrum. But I can say that on the custom version, the bass, hits harder, the subs are more present, I think even more than the trio in quantity and high frequencies are smoother as well. I didn't like the high frequencies on the U12t, something just sounded off. In the end, I couldn't get the U12ts to sound good with any of the included tips (the included silicon are a waste in my opinion), or any of my spinfits, symbios and other tips I had. Makes me wonder how a custom trio would sound, because I really liked the trios, but personally, I prefer the custom version of the A12t, if I could only have one. It also had fuller mids than the trio. In an ideal world, I'd own both though :wink:.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2018 at 2:21 AM Post #279 of 286
Yes, the custom version is very different. I'm sure that a lot had to do with the seal, and possibly how close the tia driver is to your eardrum. But I can say that on the custom version, the bass, hits harder, the subs are more present, I think even more than the trio in quantity and high frequencies are smoother as well. I didn't like the high frequencies on the U12t, something just sounded off. In the end, I couldn't get the U12ts to sound good with any of the included tips (the included silicon are a waste in my opinion), or any of my spinfits, symbios and other tips I had. Makes me wonder how a custom trio would sound, because I really liked the trios, but personally, I prefer the custom version of the A12t, if I could only have one. It also had fuller mids than the trio. In an ideal world, I'd own both though :wink:.

Everyone says that too, but that's one big leap of faith for me since it is sounding a lot too neutral and treble heavy in the U12t form except when I can get the foams to have a good seal, but I've never liked the sticky feeling foams like the ones that are included and complys. Just a personal preference as I feel that it brings more bass out, but it's more muffled bass. I do like the sony triple comfort tips as that foam feels dry and isn't the mush memory foam type like complys. It brings out the bass and doesn't make it sound muffled, but they are not too tall and I can't seem to get them to fit on the U12t without sliding off even when pushing it down almost as far as I can without the bore being near the top of the hole.

Another issue with the U12t is that most of the tips I use keep sliding off as they weren't meant to be used with a smooth metal bore or it slides down too much as the bore is longer than my other iems. So I'm using the 64 audio supplied tips along with the spiral dots that fit but not perfectly.

I really wish I could hear what all of you A12t guys are talking about as it's hard to imagine the sound sounding so much better as all of you describe, but I doubt that you are wrong. The U12t is just not as good as the custom version. At least for me. I'd like to hear what tips and tricks U12t owners use to get them sounding great.

As of now I have the A12t (everyone can't be wrong about how much better they are than the universal version right?) and N8 (I love hybrids) tied with the Trio and maybe the CA Andros behind those top two if I were to suddenly decide to go with a universal fit.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2018 at 1:12 AM Post #280 of 286
Sep 11, 2018 at 1:45 AM Post #281 of 286

Great review. I do understand a lot of what you're saying in the review as I am auditioning the u12t and trio. It is really hard for me to get a good fit with the u12t. The nozzle is longer than all of the IEMs I've owned and since there isn't an elevated line on the nozzle to keep the tips from going too low and putting the tia driver too close to my ear or if I try to put the tip higher up, it can slip off the slippery metal nozzle. I know that I'll pick a ciem from 64 audio soon, just not sure which one. A lot of people have said that the A12t has great bass slam, but I don't really hear that out of the universal version as I am struggling with fit and as you said the first thing to go is sub bass which is what I'm experiencing right now. It will come down to the A12t and the N8 as I like hybrids and feel that it might be safer for me to go that route.

Sep 11, 2018 at 7:15 PM Post #282 of 286
Deleted, forgot to quote.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2018 at 7:16 PM Post #283 of 286
Great review. I do understand a lot of what you're saying in the review as I am auditioning the u12t and trio. It is really hard for me to get a good fit with the u12t. The nozzle is longer than all of the IEMs I've owned and since there isn't an elevated line on the nozzle to keep the tips from going too low and putting the tia driver too close to my ear or if I try to put the tip higher up, it can slip off the slippery metal nozzle. I know that I'll pick a ciem from 64 audio soon, just not sure which one. A lot of people have said that the A12t has great bass slam, but I don't really hear that out of the universal version as I am struggling with fit and as you said the first thing to go is sub bass which is what I'm experiencing right now. It will come down to the A12t and the N8 as I like hybrids and feel that it might be safer for me to go that route.
I'm anxious to hear the N8 too. But too bad you are having fit issues with the 12t because it delivers. What it does right is sound full-sized bass such as a high-end subwoofer that doesn't step on the other area causing slop. It is a tight bass that only my 2K plus subs can deliver. This leaves the awesome Tia clarity alone to do its transparent bell-like clarity thing. The result is astonishing. Just got back from the gym listening to my 12t and felt like I had a $50K audiophile speaker system in my ears..... and that was connected to an iPhone streaming Apple Music which is not known for high res. This is what makes it different. The Trio hybrid is great too, but more of a euphoric / euphonic sounding signature and only available in universal. That is why I wanted the 12t, for the custom fit. With that seal, I never lose my sub bass.

BTW, the longer stems work better for me on the universals so it is a battle on the tours to create a universe that works for everyone. Would be nice if we could adjust universal stems to accommodate.

Sep 11, 2018 at 8:06 PM Post #284 of 286
I'm anxious to hear the N8 too. But too bad you are having fit issues with the 12t because it delivers. What it does right is sound full-sized bass such as a high-end subwoofer that doesn't step on the other area causing slop. It is a tight bass that only my 2K plus subs can deliver. This leaves the awesome Tia clarity alone to do its transparent bell-like clarity thing. The result is astonishing. Just got back from the gym listening to my 12t and felt like I had a $50K audiophile speaker system in my ears..... and that was connected to an iPhone streaming Apple Music which is not known for high res. This is what makes it different. The Trio hybrid is great too, but more of a euphoric / euphonic sounding signature and only available in universal. That is why I wanted the 12t, for the custom fit. With that seal, I never lose my sub bass.

BTW, the longer stems work better for me on the universals so it is a battle on the tours to create a universe that works for everyone. Would be nice if we could adjust universal stems to accommodate.

Everyone has said good things about the A12t so I'll take that into consideration when I decide which CIEM to go for. I'll also put the Trio away for the rest of the tour and try to get the U12t to get that perfect seal and sound. The only reason why I'd choose the N8 over the A12t is because of my love for hybrids. Everyone has said the same thing in your review and that is exactly what I'm looking for so right now the A12t is tied with N8. N8 just seems like a safer choice, but I can't ignore all of the reviews that say that the A12t has great sub bass and it's punchy and not bloomy or muddy and also has great mids and highs.

I've always had full sized headphones and IEMs, but due to neck pain and the possibility of having another ACDF surgery this year, I'd like to put less pressure on my neck which is why I'm selling off all of my full sized headphones and going all in on CIEMs where before IEMs was something I only used at the gym or in bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back