TOUR CLOSED - 64 Audio US CIEM Demo Tour - Tia Fourte' and U18 Tzar >>> Starting May 2017
Oct 7, 2017 at 1:36 AM Post #316 of 813
Sorry I do not know who to ask but how long before I will be able to audit the kit? I may have plans for Christimas, I need to plan ahead. Thank you.
Estimating Arrival
Anyone wanting to estimate when they will receive the kit can do so by:
  1. Counting Participants: Count the participants remaining before your turn.
  2. Divide by 2: Divide the remaining participants by 2 as there are two kits.
  3. Multiply by 10 Days: There is a 7 day audition and roughly 3 days mail time until receipt for a 10 day period per participant.
The result will give you a rough estimate of when you can expect to see the kit arrive. However, there are any number of things that can affect this estimate so it is truly a rough estimate.

Oct 7, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #317 of 813
Wow...4 months of wait...

Oct 7, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #318 of 813
Finally getting around to posting some 64 Audio Tia Forte impressions:

Vs Andromeda

Andromeda is brighter, crisper. Both have excellent/realistic treble decay and timbre. Forte bass quantity is larger. resulting in a thicker/richer, fuller bass with better texturing. Forte feels overall further away from listener compared to Andromeda, yet Forte presents vocals more forward in the mix. Andromeda feels noticeably wider left to right, while Forte has a stronger center image, but both feel excellently proportioned. The more focused center image of Forte lifts vocals out for a slightly cleaner, more dimensional experience.

Vs ProPhile-8 (with switches off)

PP8 bass has similar fullness as the Tia but is less in quantity and warmth. Bass texturing is more overt in the Tia Forte. The W shaped response of the Forte is more evident when comparing with the more even and linear PP8. Treble sparkle is much more forward and overall brighter with the Forte. Both have similar forward projection of vocals but the Forte once again puts more focus on separating the center image from the extremities. The PP8 sounds more in-head in direct comparison to the more dimensional sounding Forte.

Nit Picks
  1. Cable has too much memory effect, holding on to the shape it was last stored.
  2. Nozzle is too smooth and should have a bulge near the opening to better hold tips.
  3. Tip selection is minimal; stock silicone tips aren’t very good
  4. Would like to see 64 Audio develop a more ergonomic shape, like InEar, for the money
  5. Would also like to see more premium finishing for the money.
  6. Requires deeper fit to control treble. Shallow fit accentuates treble peaks becoming too U shaped at the extremities.

Oct 9, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #319 of 813
Hi guys, just a quick update on the East Tour Kit. I was supposed to be shipping the kit to @wormsdriver tomorrow. But the damaged Fourte has been sent to 64Audio for repair. I will be shipping the kit to wormsdriver as soon as I receive the Fourte back from the repair in a couple of days.

Oct 9, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #323 of 813
Hey Barra, can you remove me from the list pls ? I got my A18 for a while and now no interested in Fourte anymore :D.
Removed, The a18 rocks!

Oct 9, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #324 of 813
Hey, is there a support group for previous tour participants who for some reason or other (cost, wife/gf/significant other won't let me, etc.) aren't able to own one of these? I'm having withdrawal issues.
That's not a bad idea.

Oct 9, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #325 of 813
Hey, is there a support group for previous tour participants who for some reason or other (cost, wife/gf/significant other won't let me, etc.) aren't able to own one of these? I'm having withdrawal issues.

Start selling everything else you have, that's what happened to me when I heard Hugo2-I HAD to have it. I sold my CDM, Mojo and A12's to get a Hugo 2. Also wait for a black Friday sale.

Oct 9, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #326 of 813
Just received the Demo Kits, and they seem to be in good order short of one missing ear tip. Thanks to Korotnam for forwarding. I will forward to DWbirdseye next Monday the 16th.

64 Audio Fourte.jpg 64 Audio I18.jpg

Oct 12, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #327 of 813
@Barra , I received the Fourte back from repair today. I just need to do some comparisons and take some pictures tonight. I will be shipping the tour kit to @wormsdriver tomorrow.

Oct 12, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #328 of 813
I have the package! I'll contact the next guy shortly

Oct 16, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #330 of 813
You lucky boys with your awesome toys. Can't wait to get my A18's back, should be back this week I hope haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back