[TOUR] Cayin N7 DAP : 1-bit Resistor Network DAC, Discrete LPF + HeadAmp
Mar 6, 2023 at 10:30 PM Post #16 of 56
Mar 7, 2023 at 2:26 AM Post #18 of 56
MQA-N7 (1).jpg

Cayin Audio launched a new DAP at CanJam New York in 2023. the N7 is a unique, one-of-its-kind Digital Audio Player because this is Cayin’s first attempt to use a discrete full-balanced circuit for DAC, LPF, and Headphone Amplifier in a DAP. It is also the first and only DAP that incorporates a 1-Bit “DSD” DAC in portable applications.
  • Discrete fully-balanced 1-Bit Resistor Network “DSD” DAC
  • Discrete fully-balanced Low Pass Filter with BJT driver
  • Discrete fully-balanced Headphone Amplifier with JFET input stage and BJT amplification.
  • FPGA/Audio Bridge to re-shape, de-jitter and transcode/oversample PCM to DSD512
  • Dual Amplification Mode (Choice of Class A/Class AB)
  • High Quality “unamplified” single-ended and balanced Line Out
  • Unique variable-voltage single-ended and balanced Pre Out
  • Android 12 with Google Play preinstalled, streaming ready

Please read the tour instruction carefully. By signing up for the tour, you are agreeing to follow the tour arrangement and will publish a detailed review of Cayin N7 Showcase on Head Gear or any magazine/review website you are affiliated with. For more information regarding Cayin N7, please check out the Cayin website and the official Cayin N7 thread in Head-Fi forum.

Tour Schedule:
  • 7 March 2023: Tour Application Starts
  • 18 March 2023: Tour Application Ended
  • 22 March 2023: Tour Reviewers announced and start to collect mailing addresses.
  • 27 March 2023: Tour Sample will be sent to reviewers
How to Apply:

If you are interested to review Cayin N7 in this tour, please reply to this thread and provide the following information:
  • The CITY and COUNTRY in which you are located.
  • Reviews on Personal Audio products you have published in Head Gear/Head-fi forum or elsewhere.
  • IEM/Headphones that you will use in your Cayin DAP audition.
  • DAP, Dongle DAC, or portable DAC/Amp that you currently own.

Logistic Arrangement:
  • Only three tour units are available in this tour, so
  • We shall group reviewers according to geographical locations.
  • To minimize tax and logistic costs, we shall avoid international shipping within the group unless the shipment is tax-free and low-risk/low-cost in logistics and customs handling.
  • We shall send Cayin N7 review package to the first reviewer in each group.
  • Each tour reviewer is responsible for paying the shipping costs to the next tour reviewer.
  • The last reviewer on the list will be responsible to ship the combo to a designated address to conclude the tour. If the return address requires international shipping, Cayin will cover the mailing cost incurred.
  • Cayin will cover all import tax but please help us to control our tax expenditure whenever possible.
  • Unless otherwise stated by your next reviewer, please use a trackable mailing service with a signature required.
  • If we have more than one Head-Fiers from the same metropolitan area/city joining the tour, we encourage them to pass the equipment in person to reduce shipping cost and mailing time and share the final logistic cost if needed.

Terms and Instruction
  • The tour reviewer can keep the Cayin N7 Tour sample for no more than 14 calendar days, please plan your audition and be prepared to ship/pass the package on the 14th of your audition period.
  • The first reviewer of each group will have extra 5 days to run in the discrete audio circuit.
  • By signing up for the tour, you are agreeing to post a formal review within 14 days after your audition period, and Cayin Audio can use your review of the N7 DAP for sales and marketing purposes.
  • We are particularly interested in the associated IEM/headphones you used during the review, and is most appreciate it if you can include a photo of N7 DAP with associated IEMs and headphones in your writing.
  • Cauom Audio reserves the right to the selection, grouping, and scheduling of reviewers in this tour.

Publication guideline

You are free to write up your sharing or impression as long as it represents your true feeling and opinions toward the product. Please state in your review/impression that the Cayin N7 is a free loan unit from Cayin Audio, and you have/shall return the unit to Cayin at the end of the review period.

Please do not post your impression in this thread because no one will read this thread after we finalized our tour reviewers. We want your reviews to be read by as many current or potential users of Cayin N7 as possible, so please share your review to the official Cayin N7 thread, the Cayin N7 Showcase at Head Gear, or any related general discussion thread in the Head-Fi forum if you happen to be an active member. On top of the Head-Fi forum, you are welcome to post your review/impression/photo to any social media or local Personal Audio forum/blog/magazine, etc., Please tag your review/impression/photo with #CayinN7 so that we can keep track of your contribution, which is an important factor when we shortlist tour reviews in subsequent products.

N7 Sales Guide 01 Poster.JPG

Mar 7, 2023 at 2:35 AM Post #19 of 56
  • The CITY and COUNTRY in which you are located: Haiku, Hawaii, USA
  • Reviews on Personal Audio products you have published in Head Gear/Head-fi forum or elsewhere: 64 Audio Fourte; Audeze LCD i4; FiiO M17; Stax SR900s, Ferrum Orr and Hypsos, ifi Pro iCan Signature
  • IEM/Headphones that you will use in your Cayin DAP audition: 64 Audio Fourte; Audeze LCD i4; ZMF Verite Closed; Hifiman Susvara; Sennheiser HD600s2 and HD800s; Shure KSE1200, Unique Melody Mest
  • DAP, Dongle DAC, or portable DAC/Amp that you currently own: Astell&Kern SP2000t, Mojo2

Mar 7, 2023 at 3:21 AM Post #20 of 56
The CITY and COUNTRY in which you are located
Murcia, Spain

Reviews on Personal Audio products you have published in Head Gear/Head-fi forum or elsewhere
All my reviews are posted on www.achoreviews.com in English & Spanish, along with posting them on multiple forums (including Head-Fi) and on YouTube (in Spanish). An index of my reviews can be found here: https://english.achoreviews.com/p/review-index.html

IEM/Headphones that you will use in your Cayin DAP audition
Too many to list but have many sets of IEMs and Headphones available.

DAP, Dongle DAC, or portable DAC/Amp that you currently own
iFi Gryphon, iFi Go Blu, Questyle M15, Aune BU2 (and a few more that aren't really relevant). I also recently reviewed the Fiio M11S and the Tempotec V6.

Mar 7, 2023 at 6:44 AM Post #21 of 56
The CITY and COUNTRY in which you are located
Germany
Reviews on Personal Audio products you have published in Head Gear/Head-fi forum or elsewhere
https://www.head-fi.org/members/deleeh.520775/#showcase-reviews
IEM/Headphones that you will use in your Cayin DAP audition
Letshure Z12, Imr Acustic, R2 Red, Zmf Auteur,Lcd 2
DAP, Dongle DAC, or portable DAC/Amp that you currently own
Ifi Hip Dac 2
Hello,
I've been looking for a Dap for a while.
Unfortunately, I haven't decided on anything yet.
I would be new in this sector and could evaluate the N7 for beginners who would like to make the jump to high end Dap.
Yes I have seen the N3 and would also be interested in it, but the somewhat limited range of the N3 bothered me.
Something like wifi capability would have been great and in my league as I am a tube lover.
Nevertheless, I'm also interested in the high quality daps, I've looked at a few but haven't found anything that would have convinced me to buy one.
That's why the N7 would be a great entry point for me into the Dap world, showing me right away where it could go.
I would be happy to test the N7 and report on how good it is and where things should be added from a user perspective and so on.

See you soon, perhaps.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2023 at 2:33 PM Post #22 of 56
1. Amarillo TX
2. ill have to find them; they are in threads of other tours I have been involved in
3. Sony IER-Z1R, UM MEST Indigo
4. Quedelix Q5k, Cayin RU6, Fiio UTWS5

Mar 7, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #23 of 56
Sign me up for sure!
Kingsport TN USA
Lots of reviews here + audiofool.reviews and ecoustics.com

HD800, He6, Arya Stealth, BeyerDynamic T5/T1, UE Live, Letshouer Cadenza, Andromeda, Fostex TH610, Neumann NDH-30
Sony WM1a, A&K Kann Alpha, A&K SP2000, Cayin N6ii, Earmen Angel, iFi Diablo,

Mar 7, 2023 at 7:22 PM Post #25 of 56
Berlin, CT
All my reviews are posts on the 2 channel sites under my same moniker, ctsooner. I also run the Vandersteen forums website and am followed by many in the 2 channel world. I'm also very close with many of the brick and mortar audio stores. I also have connections with a few of the high end audio pubs that do publish on some of the portable and desktop systems now. When EE comes up with new TOTL IEM's, I post my thoughts on their Head-fi thread etc...

I am currently using EE Odin's, Bravado, Noble Savants. I have the Brinkmann Nyquist Mk2 DAC, AK 25mk2, Shure AONIC 50, ZMF headphones (forget the name as I haven't had them out in a while. I haven't changed my signature yet as I can't figure out how, lol. Thanks. Pete

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2023 at 1:20 AM Post #26 of 56
Mar 8, 2023 at 1:32 AM Post #27 of 56
  • Nuernberg, Germany
  • my reviews on Head-Fi: Reviews
  • Meze Advar and all other 10+ full-size headphones I own
  • Hiby R5 and R3 Pro Saber

Mar 8, 2023 at 2:21 AM Post #28 of 56
  • Vidnoe, Russian Federation
  • Head-fi Reviews, Dzen, Audiozametki
  • Earsonics S-EM9, Earsonics S-EM6 V2, Etymotic EVO, Snorry Trion (full size)
  • Astell&Kern SE180 SEM4, ifi audio Gryphon, desktop setup (Violectric, Burson Audio, etc)
The post service works flawlessly between China and Russia today. There are no sanctions, restrictions or any other limitations....
I can find more local reviewers if needed.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2023 at 7:47 PM Post #29 of 56
  • City of Quilpue in Chile, located in South America
  • In Spanish, Hifichile forum i’ve reviewed U18t, Cayin N8, and a Detailed comparison between N6ii and SE180, in Head fi some impressions about Cayin N8ii, C9, FiR Kr5, Aroma Jewel, Trailii and others.
  • Aroma Jewel, Oriolus Trailii, 64 Audio A18t, Vision Ears Phönix, Campfire Solstice, Shure KSE1200, Hifiman HE1000se
  • Cayin N8, Cayin N8ii, L&P P6pro, A&K SP3000, Cayin C9, Hugo2+2go
Cayin N7 it’s one of the most interesting DAPs released in this year, and it’s really difficult to try one in this location

Users who are viewing this thread

Back