Toughest videogame accomplishment?
Sep 3, 2008 at 7:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 73

Blitzula

Headphoneus Supremus
Alright, so I've taken an odd path and beaten Halo 2 on normal difficulty and played the multiplayer a good deal.

I haven't played Halo 3 yet.

I just started Halo 1 today on Legendary....how hard is that? I just finished the first level.

It got me to thinking...what's the toughest game I ever beat? Hands down...Perfect Dark for the N64, all the levels on the highest difficulty setting.

I'm curious for you oldtimers who have done the same...will Halo on Legendary be more difficult?

And for everyone, what was your toughest videogame accomplishment?

Sep 3, 2008 at 7:06 AM Post #2 of 73
ghouls and ghosts at any difficulty level on the sega genesis/megadrive
Rock rock rock hard LOL

Sep 3, 2008 at 7:19 AM Post #4 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by hatethatgiraffe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Rock rock rock hard LOL

Oh, good choice. I only played that briefly, but I remember the difficulty. One of the oft-quoted classic tough as nails games.

Sep 3, 2008 at 7:37 AM Post #5 of 73
Quote:

Rock rock rock hard LOL

110% agreement!

That and mario frustration modes...
frown.gif

Sep 3, 2008 at 10:37 AM Post #9 of 73
I'm pretty useless at video games, but beating both Max Payne games (admittedly on the easiest setting) was challenge enough for me.
smily_headphones1.gif

I remember that beating marios 1 and 3 on the SNES was pretty darn hard. Especially if you didn't do the cheats on mario 3 to warp you through to world 8 in 5 minutes...

Sep 3, 2008 at 12:58 PM Post #11 of 73
Quote:

Rock rock rock hard LOL

QFT. Theres no speedrun of the game because not even God could do one. Heres the nearest thing.

Beating Deus Ex on Realistic without killing anyone except Arnold Strong (who has to die) is monstrously tricky.

Sep 3, 2008 at 2:58 PM Post #13 of 73
Completing minesweeper on expert

Success rate in vista is 2%

in the end you gotta guess half a dozen

EDIT: Actually I rembered trying to complete the last mission on COD4 (epilogue?) where you are on the plane on hardest difficulty took me around 3 hours of repeated retries. I think you get something like 40-50 secs

Sep 3, 2008 at 3:13 PM Post #14 of 73
Keep in mind that I am on Team OAF and therefore my history goes back a bit further...

For me, it was beating Planescape Torment when it was first released, before there were any walkthroughs. That was a very tough game with some challenging puzzles. I remember one section where the only way to get past it was to lose the battle and die... took me a few days to figure that out because it was an easy battle and I kept winning.

Sep 3, 2008 at 4:19 PM Post #15 of 73
Beating Mike Tyson's Punch out on NES.

Also, tearing apart anyone I have ever played on any tennis video game out there. Not sure why but tennis games are just intuitive or natural for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back