tough to describe in few words... please see body of post #Sennheiser #beyerdynamic
Dec 6, 2014 at 11:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

new2this

New Head-Fier
Perhaps I don't have the proper vocabulary to succinctly describe my question so here are the pertinent details.

I am using my Samsung Galaxy S4 with a FiiO E7 portable amp. I just got a pair pf Beyerdynamics T 51 Ps and was comparing them to my Sennheiser HD 650s (I recognize they are different classifications but I wanted to appreciate the quality of each). Upon switching between them while listening to Hotel California from the Eagle's Hell Freezes Over album, I noticed the sounds in each Left and Right can were inversed. For instance, with the 650s I could easily hear the maracas come in on my left ear, however, with the T 51 Ps it was my right ear.

I tested this both with and without the amp and the result was the same. Also, though it seems obvious to mention, I ensured I had them on the proper ear per their respective markings.

Curious to know what could be causing this and if it a sign of anything I should be concerned about.

Any insight is appreciated. I will ask that any responses that require a technical explanation be done so with layman's terms.

Thank you in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back