Touchstream keyboards
May 23, 2004 at 6:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

minya

Headphoneus Supremus
Has anyone used one of these?

link

Essentially it's a keyboard that renders a mouse unnecessary. It looks really, really, really really neat.

link to a review

Amazon has them for $264 and they have a 30-day return policy. Seriously considering trying it. I've always dreamed of not having to use a mouse...

Looking at the gestures, it seems using one of these keyboards would make me look like I was using one of the computers from "Minority Report." Except not 3D.
tongue.gif

- Chris

May 23, 2004 at 7:06 AM Post #2 of 5
I like having tactile feedback from my keyboard. I tried using my roommate's Dell laptop keyboard and that was too soft for me. cannot imagine typing on a zero feedback one. too much feedback isn't good either, but what I am using right now is just right for me.

might be worth a try though.
smily_headphones1.gif
looks like a cool toy to have at least.

May 23, 2004 at 4:00 PM Post #3 of 5
From the look of it I would hate working on this keyboard. I have a good mechanical keyboard And now I dislike working on a membrane keyboard. I love how each key feel when press. A mechanical keyboard is quick, fast, and efficient. So I would take real pressable keys anytime over touch keyboard. Maybe I would change my mind If I tried one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back