TOTL IEMS & Over Ears
Dec 28, 2022 at 1:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Scott2578

100+ Head-Fier
I am looking for a pair of TOTL iems and over the ears that I can use with my iPhone and either a small dac/amp or a portable streaming source. Something that requires no eq or a small eq. And something that is not huge in my ear. I have had the jh audio Layla years ago and they were too big and heavy.

Also looking for some over ears headphones as I currently don’t have any and think it would be nice to have one in ear and one over ear

Currently I have some Weston’s w80s, audeze lcd i4 and Euclid. I plan on selling the audeze ad I am having trouble with getting them to sound better than my w80s due to lack of an eq. It seems like they are geared more towards using desktop gear, as most portable gear lack the amount of Eq they need.

I listen to Trance, soft rock, country, jazz, r&b, hip hop. I would like something that is detailed, goes low, little warm, but it is fun.

Any help would greatly be appreciated

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2022 at 8:17 AM Post #2 of 8
For full sized, the Meze Liric is lightweight, portable, easy to drive, and fun sounding.

Dec 28, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #4 of 8
Thanks. How is the low end on these. As I like impact for edm, and hip hop.
It's been a long time since I've heard them--I remember the bass being full but not having the greatest impact. There are reviews for them here on Head-Fi.

Dec 28, 2022 at 4:30 PM Post #5 of 8
Currently I have some Weston’s w80s, audeze lcd i4 and Euclid. I plan on selling the audeze ad I am having trouble with getting them to sound better than my w80s due to lack of an eq. It seems like they are geared more towards using desktop gear, as most portable gear lack the amount of Eq they need.

Qudelix 5k has a 10 band eq

Lotoo Paw Gold Touch has a parametric eq

Dec 28, 2022 at 5:44 PM Post #6 of 8
I recently got into TOTL IEMs.. Empire Ears Odin. Amazing for me, I like some punch and this has it. Good Subbass, really great bass in general, clear mids and a treble that is not overpowering. Very smooth and requires no EQ, I'm currently testing it on the Caying RU6 DAC dongle. From an iPhone, it doesn't really get the juice that it needs, still sounds okay, but from a latop it is really a big step up.

Before the Odin, I tried the 64audio U12t - insertion was too deep, uncomfortable after 5 minutes - and the Monarch MKII, the MKI was at the limit for me size-wise, the MKII didn't even come close to fitting. Odin isn't small, but it just fits, and it fits in a way that I can forget that it is in my ears.

Dec 28, 2022 at 8:07 PM Post #7 of 8
Qudelix 5k has a 10 band eq

Lotoo Paw Gold Touch has a parametric eq
Thanks, I will check those
I recently got into TOTL IEMs.. Empire Ears Odin. Amazing for me, I like some punch and this has it. Good Subbass, really great bass in general, clear mids and a treble that is not overpowering. Very smooth and requires no EQ, I'm currently testing it on the Caying RU6 DAC dongle. From an iPhone, it doesn't really get the juice that it needs, still sounds okay, but from a latop it is really a big step up.

Before the Odin, I tried the 64audio U12t - insertion was too deep, uncomfortable after 5 minutes - and the Monarch MKII, the MKI was at the limit for me size-wise, the MKII didn't even come close to fitting. Odin isn't small, but it just fits, and it fits in a way that I can forget that it is in my ears.
thanks, how is it with the dongle.

Dec 29, 2022 at 2:08 AM Post #8 of 8
Thanks, I will check those

thanks, how is it with the dongle.
Well, if you can power the dongle well: amazing, if you starve it a little bit from the phone, still okay. I don’t know if I’m ever going to own a DAP, but if I do, it would be partly the Odins fault, partly the iPhones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back