TOTL Dynamic Driver iem
Mar 19, 2017 at 2:24 AM Post #9 of 27
  How about its cable-rolling ability?

It uses a 2 pin, but from what I have heard it might actually have the wiring in reverse from most other earphones to encourage its use with the amazing truth cable it comes with.

I think as a pure dynamic earphone, it is to my ears the best of the lot hands down. If you were to consider a hybrid then the TIA Fourte would be a consideration for an incredibly huge sound, but it does cost a lot more. 

I was not a big fan of the AKT8i but apparently the Mkii is better, and the beyer xelento even better, but if it is just a tuning difference, I fail to see how they can possibly best the Dream. That said, take what I say with a pinch, I have neither heard the mkii nor the xelento.

If isolation doesn't mean a great deal to you, I strongly suggest you consider trying out the EX1000. It's out of production, but its a classic and many are left lying around, it is easily available, and it sounds ridiculously good for the price (4-500SGD in japan do the math or sometimes even cheaper second hand0, and easily keeps up with the best earphones in many ways. I strongly recommend it.

I would recommend the Vega too, but it's far from neutral.

Mar 19, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #12 of 27
Campfire Audio Vega.  Absolutely great SQ.  Blows away almost all of the TOTL multi-BA universals I've heard.  

Oct 23, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #13 of 27
What about the dream xls? Any opinions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back