(total noob threadpost) About to pull the trigger on one of these: Schiit Asgard or Maveric Audio TubeMagic A1
Feb 17, 2012 at 4:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

sightsome

New Head-Fier
Which should I get?  Or none of these: another that you suggest for about the same price?

I have Grado 325is (yes, also noob cans).  And I listen to most of my music out of a recent generation Macbook Pro (with the optical audio out option).

Asgard, I've heard, is a good place to start.  But I would love to have tubes.  Please try to convince me either to stay with the Asgard or to go to something else.

Thanks for your input.

Jul 19, 2012 at 10:46 AM Post #3 of 10
I just placed myself in the same situation, going for the Asgard unless someone tells me I'm wrong.
smile.gif

Jul 19, 2012 at 11:48 AM Post #5 of 10
I've owned several amps over the years, including the Maverick D1 and the Schiit Asgard.  Let me put it this way: I'll never buy another Maverick product again.  Very disappointing.  The Asgard is light years ahead of the Maverick.

Jul 19, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #6 of 10
The Asgard is a very nice amp.  I have some very expensive amps, but the little Asgard performs very admirably when compared to the big boys.

Quote:
I just placed myself in the same situation, going for the Asgard unless someone tells me I'm wrong.
smile.gif

Jul 19, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #7 of 10
Only get the Asgard or Valhalla if you don't plan on getting ortho's in the future. Otherwise look at the Lyr. 

Jul 19, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #9 of 10
Why do people only think on schiit? 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back