total noob in need of help
Sep 15, 2009 at 4:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

muxenle

100+ Head-Fier
okay, well I've finally decided to spend a bit of money on headphones because I'm getting sick of tired of crappy ear-buds that fail in less then a year.

so I started to do a bit browsing, and searching and I'm quickly finding myself totatly over-whelmed and lost, then I stumbled upon this form....

So, my spending range is around 50-70 dollars. as for my 'needs' the majority of music listning is on my mp3 player(a 2gig creative zen). And for what I listen to, is mostly metal. which can range from symphonic and prog to death metal(some bands, for examples: kamelot, dream theater, demon hunter, opeth, august burns red, as I lay dying). I also will listen to some hard rock, classical, country, jazz. But the majority of it is metal...

so I think that's pretty much it, any recomindations/adivice would be greatly appericated. Also sorry for populating the forums with yet another of these threads... and forgive my horrid spelling, am currently to lazy to really care...

Sep 15, 2009 at 7:13 AM Post #2 of 4
okay after a 'little' bit looking around, it seems like any of these head phones might be good choices:

the grado SR60i sound really great, my only concern is the open-air part, since most of them I listen to music is in public places.

the Sony MDR-V6 seem to also be getting very good reviews, and they have a closed-off ear-pieces(not being familar with temonlgy and being tired, make for some bad word choice)

the SENNHEISER HD435, though once again the open-air thing is a semi-large concern

and finally the Sennheiser HD-280 which push my budget to the max, and I would in no way be sure if I would be able to in fact purchase them.

Sep 15, 2009 at 2:47 PM Post #3 of 4
Grados leak a lot. have you considered IEMs/earbuds, as ur in the portable headphone category or just a usually sized headphone? I believe there is already tons of threads on this. Search "my quest for a great metal headphone" or something like that. And then some other searchwords if you dnt find whawt ur looking for. I myself think that metal sounds the best with open designs.

Sep 15, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gbjerke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Grados leak a lot. have you considered IEMs/earbuds, as ur in the portable headphone category or just a usually sized headphone? I believe there is already tons of threads on this. Search "my quest for a great metal headphone" or something like that. And then some other searchwords if you dnt find whawt ur looking for. I myself think that metal sounds the best with open designs.

I'd be fine with earbuds or IEM(though I'm not exactly sure as to what they are, and how they differ from earbuds) but from just looking around a lot of the stuff i've found have been normal sized headphones

as for portable vs. normal full sized headphones either would be fine, though portable would be slightly perfered, but not needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back