Total flight time
Aug 28, 2007 at 7:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

AuroraProject

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm not sure why but today I've been thinking about how much I've flown over the years. I estimate that the combined total hours that I've spent in the air is over 14 days! 14 days of my life just sitting at 30,000 feet!!

What about you, what would you estimate total time wasted by flying places?

The majority of mine is from San Francisco to London, England round trip 13 times so far, and I'm going again in March.

Aug 28, 2007 at 7:36 PM Post #2 of 10
NH to Vegas - 5.5 hrs : 3-4 times a year
NH to Portland - 6 hrs : once a year
NH to Denver - 4 hrs : 2x a year

Total (all actual flights) = ~87 hrs.

And I'm 15 :p.

Aug 28, 2007 at 7:41 PM Post #3 of 10
I've been flying before I turned 1 years old and probably have spent more time on a plane than watching TV.

Aug 28, 2007 at 7:43 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by AuroraProject /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure why but today I've been thinking about how much I've flown over the years. I estimate that the combined total hours that I've spent in the air is over 14 days! 14 days of my life just sitting at 30,000 feet!!

What about you, what would you estimate total time wasted by flying places?

The majority of mine is from San Francisco to London, England round trip 13 times so far, and I'm going again in March.

alright -- my AA membership card says I am a "1 million miles" member. that translate to at least 100 days at 400 miles/hour.

I love flying
smily_headphones1.gif
although I only recently discovered head-fi. So most of those miles were flown with sony minidisc (great stuff) and..... BOSE QC (yikes)! Now I use my E500 for flights, which sounds better, and much more comfortable.

Aug 28, 2007 at 7:52 PM Post #6 of 10
Prolly 70-80 hours, and I hate it really.
Too cheap/poor to afford the better seats.
tongue.gif

But at least my IEMs offer me some solace.

Aug 28, 2007 at 7:56 PM Post #7 of 10
Aurora, you are just plain sick! I've never tried to add it up, and now I wish I hadn't. Just this year 5 trips to South Africa at 18 hours each way (just long leg, not counting the puddle-jump) is over 7 days. Add in the trips to Singapore, Australia, Japan, UK, Belgium, Luxembourg, and various US cities, and I've got to be up around 12 - 14 days just this year. I try not to think about the last decade.

Bought into IEMs about 4 years ago, and upgraded to a Tomahawk this year. Man what a Godsend! Thank you Ray!

Cheers,
mando man

Aug 28, 2007 at 8:55 PM Post #8 of 10
let's see I have got ~600K miles, at 500Mph makes approximately 50 days...
could have been worse!
I hope we are not counting all the time wasted taxing
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back