Total computer audio beginner needs some advice
Oct 18, 2009 at 4:48 PM Post #16 of 18
I don't, but, historically, the Fubar series have always been decent amps/DACs.

Oct 18, 2009 at 11:13 PM Post #17 of 18
jisu: I haven't had a chance to compare - up to 2 months ago, my hi-fi setup consisted of my MP3 player and a 2-year old pair of HD280's. I bought the Zero while searching around for something to give my K701's more "oomph". I simply bought it because I was very impressed by the design philosophy versus the price (toroidal power supply, discrete boards, good quality soldering and cap placement). After 180 hours, it blew anything else I've heard out of the water in terms of raw driving ability, and after 300, got me to listen to music I would never have considered before (for example, I couldn't stand Gundam music before - now, I happily listen to it even without an amp).

Nov 18, 2009 at 12:16 PM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by kb1gra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You might try the Fireye II (and not just because I'm selling one!) it is small, portable, and REALLY capable for its price point. Takes USB in or a DC adapter if you want to get one at radio shack when you've got some more room. And it can be used as a component later on to convert USB to optical for a bigger setup.

It's a really nice starter piece of kit, I don't think you'd be disappointed.

gotta pick ot its interconnects? so it has usb input and optical input or just output?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back