Total Bithead/Airhead to power HD600's ?
Aug 21, 2007 at 5:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

stevodotorg

100+ Head-Fier
I don't have either yet, but looking into purchasing this combo, I recently tried some IEM's with the Bithead and thought it sounded wonderful, Then I tried on some HD650's with a small desktop Headroom setup.. I very much enjoyed the Senn HD phones, I actually didn't have a chance to listen to, but did try on the HD600's and loved the comfort..

But will a Total Bithead/Airhead be able to power some HD600's?

Aug 21, 2007 at 6:53 PM Post #2 of 10
Certainly in the portable league. I also found it to be best bang for buck. The Airhead presentation is very nice especially with the crossfeed. The one thing I noticed the most is improved instrument separation and a more subtle, imaged bass compared to the majority of mediocre headphone outputs on various laptops/daps.

Aug 21, 2007 at 9:21 PM Post #4 of 10
I used to use Total Bithead quite a lot with both 600 and 650 and still occasionally use the setup with my laptop since the amp is light and attachable with velcro pads to the laptop cover.

Total Bithead drives the phones just fine, no complaints.

Aug 23, 2007 at 3:02 AM Post #9 of 10
I just recently pulled the trigger on some HD650's to go with my Ipod/2006 TA setup...hopefully I will echo the positive statements already mentioned when they arrive tomorrow.

Aug 23, 2007 at 3:06 PM Post #10 of 10
Well, I've had an hour of listening out of the box...the airhead definitely gives me enough to power the cans on the high gain setting. I have the volume at approximately 60% for what I like to listen to. For kicks for just a few seconds, I threw the volume to the max and it is definitely way above what I'd be comfortable with and would definitely damage my ears. Also, fwiw, when it's at max volume, the clipping light does flash with new batteries...with the wallwart it does not clip at all. At my listening level it's not an issue either way, but someone might be curious.

I know I'm probably not getting 100% of the hd650's given my source and amp, but for now ignorance is bliss and I'm happy. As most will say, upgrade the phone first then just have it blossom even more when other upgrades occur.

Given its price, the airhead is definitely bang for the buck material.

Oh yeah, the HD650's are nice too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back