Total Airhead or Nuforce Icon Mobile
Nov 24, 2008 at 8:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

boomy3555

Headphoneus Supremus
I really like the SQ of my Headroom Total Airhead. I like the gain switch but in all honesty I can't tell any difference in the Crossfeeds witch. Now it smoked up and died last night and I was wondering if I should invest in another one or get the newly released Nuforce Icon Mobile to replace it with. The Nuforce has a rechargeable battery and is smaller than the headroom. but since it's so new can I simply rely on Nuforce's reputation to sway me

Opinions Please?????

Anyone got one yet ????????

Nov 27, 2008 at 12:26 AM Post #4 of 8
hmmmm, im thinking about buying one of these two, or maybe an ibasso t4.

how long did your airhead last? Does it have good build quality? Its made out of plastic right?

the icon mobile looks promising.

Nov 27, 2008 at 4:54 AM Post #5 of 8
It Lasted only about 6 months but Customer service is great at Headroom so they said that they will repair or replace it Free!!!! The build quality is pretty good but I would say that the
3.5 jacks are a little loose fitting. It is made of plastic and the big battery cover is rubber.

I'm still going to get a Nuforce because it's rechargeable, and smaller
and I need something to amp my new Beyer DT990's. They said originaly that it would come in colors but so far the site carries only Silver.

Nov 27, 2008 at 7:20 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It Lasted only about 6 months but Customer service is great at Headroom so they said that they will repair or replace it Free!!!! The build quality is pretty good but I would say that the
3.5 jacks are a little loose fitting. It is made of plastic and the big battery cover is rubber.

I'm still going to get a Nuforce because it's rechargeable, and smaller
and I need something to amp my new Beyer DT990's. They said originaly that it would come in colors but so far the site carries only Silver.

Thanks, I think I'll wait for the icon mobile.

Its on Amazon already for $85 dollars plus shipping.

Amazon.com: NuForce Icon Mobile headphone amplifier and USB DAC (silver color): Electronics

I would've jumped on it if it wasn't in silver. I want it in black.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back