toslink selector
Feb 20, 2009 at 6:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

katzer1

New Head-Fier
Hi,
I have 3 optical sources (pc, squeezbox, cdp) and only one optical input in my dac (behringer deq2496)

I found the following options, if you have good/poor experience with them or with another model, please share
smily_headphones1.gif

Amazon.com: Cables To Go - 40324 - 3-Play Component Video Digital Audio Selector: Electronics

Amazon.com: DGITAL AUDIO EXPL SWITCH: Electronics

Amazon.com: 3 in / 1 Out, Optical (Toslink) Digital Audio Selector: Electronics

Hosa Digital Audio Optical Toslink Switch ODS-330 ~STSI - eBay (item 140269718518 end time Feb-20-09 06:33:21 PST)

Amazon.com: Digital Audio Optical Toslink 3-Way Selector / Switch with 2 6ft and 2 3ft Toslink Cables: Electronics

Thanks,

Erez

Feb 20, 2009 at 10:59 AM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by katzer1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Amazon.com: 3 in / 1 Out, Optical (Toslink) Digital Audio Selector: Electronics

I once got me one that looks like this one. As these are all pretty generic, who knows whether it's the same. Paid about... 5 Euro, IIRC. It lives behind the little HT-receiver under my TV, which is short on optical inputs. I use it to switch between the PCM and RF-decoded AC-3 output of my Laserdisc Player. Works like a charm and feels quite solid for the cheap plastic that it is. Admittedly it doesn't get switched around all too often.
EDIT: So I'd say: If you plan to switch every five minutes, get something nice. If you don't switch all the time, no need to overspend on a cheap switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back