Toslink cutting out
Mar 9, 2015 at 12:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Jolfr

New Head-Fier
I have a Little Dot DAC_1 and every now and then (up to a few times an hour, but not always this frequent) the audio cuts out in a panning motion (left ear cuts out first then right ear, then left ear back on, then right ear back on, all within a quarter of a second).
The optical cable is connected to my computer.
Does anyone know if the problem is with my computer, the cable, or the DAC? (I sadly don't have any other devices that can use a toslink cable so I can't test that)

Thanks!

Mar 9, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #2 of 5
You can easily eliminate if it's the cable by purchasing another cable and trying that one to see if you'll get the same problem. The symptoms you describe can't pin down which one it is - it could be the cable, or it could be a loose connection at the sockets.

Mar 9, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #3 of 5
I had a motherboard with a bad optical socket. It just wouldn't hold the connection tightly. Don't know if this is your problem, though.

Mar 9, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #4 of 5
That's a USB DAC isn't it?  You could try using the USB input and see if the problem goes away.

I have a toslink cable that looks completely fine, physically and it certainly looks like it transmits red light the way its supposed to.  But for whatever reason my DAC cant data lock onto it.  I got another optical cable and it works fine.

Mar 12, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #5 of 5
ok thanks guys! sorry for the delay, I'll get another optical and try it out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back