Toslink Cables..??
Dec 6, 2012 at 1:46 AM Post #19 of 24
Last December I bought a $109 Lifatec Silflex Toslink/Miniplug and this is what it looks like today:

The jacket, made of very light material, wasn't crimped on tight enough nor was there enough strain relief. This was lightly used for my main audio rig in my living room.

I'm so disappointed with the build quality. Keeping my fingers crossed that they'll address this properly.

Jan 25, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #21 of 24

But I agree the company shouldn't ship it without a better covering other than that the sound quality is vastly superior to other optical cables ! Mine above was fine after I covered and heat srinked it - no issues with strain support !

Jan 25, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #22 of 24
I got a genuine Unicorn hair toslink cable last month.  It only cost $98,721,438.22 plus shipping and all I can say is: WOW those zero's and one's never sounded so good.

The open, airy and delicate timbre of those zeros is breathtaking.   And the full, and well-defined one's hit with a lot of authority without muddying any of the zero's.  Trust me here, if you don't have Unicorn hair you're a worthless nobody and should probably just stop visiting these forums because you simply don't understand or don't have the capacity to appreciate true audiophile-grade cables.

Jan 25, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #23 of 24
I got a genuine Unicorn hair toslink cable last month.  It only cost $98,721,438.22 plus shipping and all I can say is: WOW those zero's and one's never sounded so good.

The open, airy and delicate timbre of those zeros is breathtaking.   And the full, and well-defined one's hit with a lot of authority without muddying any of the zero's.  Trust me here, if you don't have Unicorn hair you're a worthless nobody and should probably just stop visiting these forums because you simply don't understand or don't have the capacity to appreciate true audiophile-grade cables.

We must have been separated at birth since I ALSO bought this very cable. It was like a two component upgrade, the black background was blacker than my previous ebon background, the subtle details of timbre from all my solo harmonica files was breath-taking, PRAT is conveyed across all musical genres (my Dolly Parton CDs have never sounded so...well...pratty). I didn't just hear the 1s and zeros, I felt them as if they were in the room with me.

Buy, buy, buy... bye-bye!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back