Toshiba HD-A2 as source
Jun 15, 2007 at 4:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Ooztuncer

500+ Head-Fier
I am wondering if anybody is using A2 as their source for headphone rigs or for their loudspeakers for critical listening.

Any idea what dac do they have under the hood? Even tough it is not capable of 5.1 analog out, there is a stereo RCA output which indicates that there should be some type of analog conversion if I am not wrong.

Currently I have a Denon 3910 but thinking to replace it with A2. I believe sd dvd picture quality will be similar but what about the sound quality?

Thanks in advance...

Jun 15, 2007 at 5:00 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ooztuncer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am wondering if anybody is using A2 as their source for headphone rigs or for their loudspeakers for critical listening.

Any idea what dac do they have under the hood? Even tough it is not capable of 5.1 analog out, there is a stereo RCA output which indicates that there should be some type of analog conversion if I am not wrong.

Currently I have a Denon 3910 but thinking to replace it with A2. I believe sd dvd picture quality will be similar but what about the sound quality?

Thanks in advance...

I asked the same question & got mixed reviews. Some liked it others hated it..From what I gather it's no better then 200-300 CD player..

Jun 15, 2007 at 5:27 AM Post #3 of 5
thanks bubba... did you learn what dac is used in the a2?

Jun 15, 2007 at 5:46 AM Post #4 of 5
I have an A2, I can compare it to my SCD-CE595 when my amp comes in Monday. The load times are a turn off though. Before I updated the firmware, CD playback had skips too. I haven't tried playing CD's since I updated the firmware, but the skipping was a massive turn off.

Jun 15, 2007 at 5:49 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ooztuncer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks bubba... did you learn what dac is used in the a2?

I remember a headfier claiming the A2 has 4 DACs, & made it out to be a audio beast..He was of course selling it too..
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back