Toshiba Gigabeat S on Friday.
Jun 1, 2006 at 3:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Dregur

100+ Head-Fier
I'm giddy with excitement.

Now if Warehouse123 would get up and actually do something with my ATH-CK7 order.
confused.gif

-The Grinman
biggrin.gif

Jun 2, 2006 at 8:02 AM Post #3 of 19
Looks like certain online stores. Amazon.com sorta varies between in stock and available in 1-2 weeks. :p

I was able to get one of the few available through Vanns.com. Apparently Hideflifestyle.com just got their shipment in yesterday.

-The Grinman
biggrin.gif

Jun 3, 2006 at 1:22 AM Post #4 of 19
Just got it today.

First impressions:

Sounds is pretty good, but I haven't been able to test it that much. Using my trusty KSC75's.

The interface is VERY good. Very easy to use right out of the box. I love the dedicated volume controls.

Whiles it's not UMS, using the MTP through Windows Media Player 11 is easy.

The AC Adapter is two cables. Pretty stupid design really, but really could care less, as it does what it's supposed to.

Screen is great looking. Form factor of the player rivals that of an 5G iPod.

Have I mentioned how incredible the GUI and controls are? I love tactile controls.

Right now I'm testing with more music, and testing battery life. Also getting some video on there and some pictures.

-The Grinman
biggrin.gif

Jun 3, 2006 at 4:27 AM Post #5 of 19
post pictures if you can. I am considering picking up this player.

Jun 3, 2006 at 11:46 AM Post #7 of 19
Question about MTP; does it function in the same way as my Zen MicroPhoto's in that you can use WMP10/11, or just drag and drop onto it through Windows Explorer if you wish?

Jun 3, 2006 at 1:05 PM Post #8 of 19
I hear austin of dap review is getting one of these bad boys soon. I can't wait to see what he thinks and he always takes a plethora of photos..

Jun 3, 2006 at 7:54 PM Post #9 of 19
Working on pictures right now. The thing is crazy beautiful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cjattwood
Question about MTP; does it function in the same way as my Zen MicroPhoto's in that you can use WMP10/11, or just drag and drop onto it through Windows Explorer if you wish?

Basically, you can drag in drop into the WMP10/11 library and then drag and drop the file into sync list then sync it. It's actually really easy.

-The Grinman
biggrin.gif

Jun 7, 2006 at 5:48 PM Post #11 of 19
Any more thoughts on this player? I am thinking about getting this player and am curious of sound quality compared to a 5g iPod.

Would be used with e4c's.

Jun 7, 2006 at 6:49 PM Post #12 of 19
What is MTP? Also, what formats does it support?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back