Toshiba 40GB $99 alert
May 4, 2007 at 6:29 AM Post #136 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by tman1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks. I was wondering if there was a difference between that and the US version, but it's moot since I've already installed the US 3.0 version. I kept the 2.02 Room though since a number of people on mygigabeat reported slower transfer speeds with Room 3.0. Of course, only one of about 20 album covers appeared on the player. Seems to be a common problem that I need to look into to see how to fix.

You can always fix that through gigaroom in music information option. I usually don't have that issue and don't know what cause it.

May 4, 2007 at 5:26 PM Post #137 of 139
Now that I'm up and running with this unit rockboxed, I'm finding the flac files sound better from the dock line out than from my old Karma's dock line out. now assuming it's not placebo, is it possible that the flac decoder is better in rockbox than the 3 year old implementation on the Karma? Or is the dock line out on the toshiba better than the Karma's dock line out?
No Eq used for either, and line out should both be at the same level right?

Seems to have better seperation and a touch more air to the sounds. Hmm Pleasantly surprising. The Headphone out is about the same - perhaps a little less power, but sounds good. I didn't try the Toshiba firmware.

Boy - Editing WPS files is fun isn't it
frown.gif

May 5, 2007 at 2:35 PM Post #139 of 139
Rockbox or the Toshiba S/W?

Rockbox is great, but needs a lot of customising to look good. Toshiba - don't know I N never got past the first screen.. Plugged it straight in via usb and rockboxed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back