Toronto Winter Meet
Mar 18, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #271 of 322
The most important rules are:

#1 never discuss Fight Club outside of Fight Club

#2 what happens at Head Fi meet stays in Head-Fi meet.....................I may have Head Fi meets mixed up with Las Vegas...............it happens.

Mar 18, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #272 of 322
Hey Chris.. I see that you have the iGrado in your signature.. can you bring them along?
Quote:

Mar 19, 2014 at 6:59 AM Post #273 of 322

Sure thing Mark,
I can bring along the iGrados.
For the money they don't sound too bad.
They are in my for sale list, but I can wait until April to list them.

Also bringing my Bushmaster Mk II and entry level Stax system.
I've sold the Matrix M Stage and the FiiO E17.

Mar 19, 2014 at 10:09 AM Post #274 of 322
  The most important rules are:

#1 never discuss Fight Club outside of Fight Club

#2 what happens at Head Fi meet stays in Head-Fi meet.....................I may have Head Fi meets mixed up with Las Vegas...............it happens.

Well, followed with your vagas line, there is a second part:

Except the drive to upgrade, they are like herpes.......

hope your ear does not got too spoiled that might hurt your wallet

Mar 21, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #275 of 322
Like hype?  I'll be selling my Somic MH463 headphones (http://www.head-fi.org/t/637699/50mm-driver-open-air-full-size-cans-pop-out-of-nowhere-sound-amazing) for super cheap because I realize I have no use for them and they've been sitting on my shelf for about six months now.  I'll bring them to the meet, unfortunately I only have a FiiO E17 to drive them.  Not on the spreadsheet, but I'll also be bringing my KSC-35 (also have been sitting on my shelf for a while) and possibly the Shure SRH840 (if my bro lets me borrow them for the day) or Monoprice 8320.

Mar 21, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #276 of 322
Any spots open up yet? 
biggrin.gif

Mar 25, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #277 of 322
Hey I'm giving up a WE 421A I just got. It's right NOS, NIB with original box packing material.  Turns out I prefer my existing Tung-Sol 5998. Or rather, they are so not enough different to justify keeping the 421A.  I'm going to sell for same price I bought for at $175. I'll bring it if anyone wants to buy it.

Mar 25, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #278 of 322
NightFlight,

Forgot to reply to your previous post.  There's no way you're leaving your Crack at home!  It's questionable how much mine needs to be there, but at least we can compare a stock Crack with the upgraded one.
See you there, and thanks for offering to bring extra tubes.

Mar 25, 2014 at 11:31 PM Post #279 of 322
Oh, no. I'm totally bringing it. I wish I had more tubes to roll. I've got a huge stockpile of 6dj8 and 6922s. Nothing to put them in. But I did hear a Lyr is making its way to the meet. I might just have to bring my old pair of S&H CCa. I could probably sell all my 6dj8 and get a good way into a mainline. Thought I'm tempted to mod the crack so it can take them instead. Decisions...

I've decided to be much more patient and shop for tubes on the cheap for the Crack.  So far made a good discovery on some very lightly used 50s era Tung-Sol for the driver section.  I also recently stained the case. It worked out okay I think. Still stinks though. I'll have my laptop DAC and 2TB drive. I did sully the macbook pro with windows 7 but foobar is my player of choice.

Mar 26, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #280 of 322
And if anybody is interested, I would consider selling the Miracles.  Life event changes, and I would free up some funds.

Needless to say, you have to have them reshelled.  I had been in contact with UM Australia and was going to send them in for the reshell, but things popped up and I'd rather have the $.  If you are interested, give me an offer, and I would consider it.

Mar 26, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #281 of 322
I'll be selling the following and of course, you'd be more than welcome to try it out in your rigs to see how good and convenient it is:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/704125/onkyo-nd-s1-ipod-dock-with-digital-out-upgraded-power-pack-ipod-classic-160gb-plus-more

Mar 26, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #282 of 322
  And if anybody is interested, I would consider selling the Miracles.  Life event changes, and I would free up some funds.

Needless to say, you have to have them reshelled.  I had been in contact with UM Australia and was going to send them in for the reshell, but things popped up and I'd rather have the $.  If you are interested, give me an offer, and I would consider it.

Bring them, I'm very curious to know what they sound like!

Mar 26, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #283 of 322
Hey fellow audiophiles,

Sorry guys, but I am going to have to pull out from the meet. 
My wife got a phone call yesterday at 2:00 pm that her father had passed away (she lost her mom last year).
So I'll be in Ottawa over the weekend looking after family business.
Really hate missing this meet, but family comes first.  Hopefully we can get another meet
organized for over the summer.

Hope you all enjoy the meet, and until next time.

Bryan (charliex)

Mar 26, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #284 of 322
Hey Bryan, condolences and all the best.  Take care of your family and see you next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back