Toronto Winter Meet
Jan 3, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #108 of 322
I'd also like to attend if the meet is planned for January, I missed the last one.
I can bring the Fostex TH600, Fostex HP-P1, STAX SR-404, STAX SR-Lambda Pro Classic, and the SRM-006tA.
Hopefully this goes through, I'm looking forward to it.

Jan 7, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #111 of 322
Introduction

Hello All,
My Name is Sheldon I am new to Headfi.org and the community but have been following for some time now. What a great community. It's been many years since I dabbled in audio due to my growing family,kids and lifestyle changes etc etc. It's come full circle again and I remember why I stopped in the first place $$$. I love music and the technology that comes with it.
I work for the biggest and busiest fire service in Canada and at the end of my long shift I look forward to spending my time with my orthos (LCD2's/HE 400). Nothing more relaxing to my soul after a crazy 24hr shift and lately with the weather changes it has been crazy.

I look forward to being apart of the Toronto Headfi group and can't wait to meet, greet and have great conversation.

I would love to attend the Toronto Meet.  I could bring my Meridian 508 CD player,  Coincident interconnects,   LCD2"s Rev 2,  He400 latest, Fiio E12.  I am in the process of looking for a proper rack amp ie Bryston HPA-1

Best Regards,

Sheldon

Jan 8, 2014 at 1:34 AM Post #112 of 322
Hello Sheldon,

Welcome to the Head-Fi community and a return to the world of aural nirvana.  It looks like you are already well aware of the generally agreed upon Head-Fi maxim...'sorry about your wallet'.  Look forward to meeting you at the next headphone meet, which shouldn't be too far off.  FallenAngel always hosts an awesome meet - good people, great gear and good times
L3000.gif

Jan 8, 2014 at 2:52 AM Post #113 of 322
Hey all!

I would love to attend a Toronto Head-fi meet. It'd be my first meet for headphone enthusiasts!

I can bring my rig, which consists of an uber-bifrost w/ gen1 USB (though I use optical), a Schiit Mjolnir, and Hifiman HE-500 w/ both balanced and SE toxic cables. I might also be able to bring a Bottlehead Crack + Speedball and HD800, depending on when the meet is.

Jan 8, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #114 of 322
I would love to join.
Not much to offer:
Koss ESP 950
Um2
W3
Modded t50rp
Magnum v3 in mahogany cups
Modded sr60
Meier audio quickstep
Diymod

Jan 9, 2014 at 4:35 PM Post #115 of 322
I would love to join.
Not much to offer:
Koss ESP 950
Um2
W3
Modded t50rp
Magnum v3 in mahogany cups
Modded sr60
Meier audio quickstep
Diymod

I would love to hear the Koss ESP 950. It's easy for me to get my hands on, relatively cheap, and I've never heard an electrostatic before (I'm really dying to hear electrostatic speakers especially, I bet because of the airflow and space they image wonderfully).

Jan 9, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #118 of 322
Would love to know where you can source the Koss ESP950 'relatively cheap' locally :)

Quote:

I would love to hear the Koss ESP 950. It's easy for me to get my hands on, relatively cheap, and I've never heard an electrostatic before (I'm really dying to hear electrostatic speakers especially, I bet because of the airflow and space they image wonderfully).

Jan 9, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #119 of 322
Would love to know where you can source the Koss ESP950 'relatively cheap' locally :)

Damn, nevermind. It used to be ~$800 on amazon.com for a while, but the deal went away. For an entry level electrostatic setup I consider that a fairly good deal, especially since I live in Canada and Stax would be a pain to get my hands on. Now it's back at the $1000 MSRP.

Jan 9, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #120 of 322
Hi all, been more of a head-fi lurker but always found it to be a great source of info. Would definitely like to attend the Toronto meet to checkout some gear. I also have some Beyer DT 990-pro, AKG K550, and a pair of hifiman HE-400 I just got today that I could bring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back