Toronto Winter Meet
Nov 22, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #46 of 322
Congrats. Pretty much the setup I had at the last meet.  Let the HD700 run as much as possible.  They take a long time to break in.

Quote:
  Picked up the HD700s for $733. Will bring them if requested and I am able to participate.

Nov 22, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #47 of 322
  Picked up the HD700s for $733. Will bring them if requested and I am able to participate.

Amazon is now selling the brand new hd700 for only $650
biggrin.gif

Nov 23, 2013 at 1:34 AM Post #49 of 322
  Amazon is now selling the brand new hd700 for only $650
biggrin.gif

They don't ship to Canada.

Even if they did we would have to pay ridiculous shipping fees and incur customs fees.

Amazon.ca does list the hd700... but for $968.88 to $1199.99 and shipped from Japan.  However, you are also looking at shipping costs, taxes and duties and possible brokerage fees.  If you buy from the States and if it is shipped via UPS or Fedex, you can expect brokerage fees of several hundred dollars, and once you factor in the previously mentioned shipping fees, taxes and customs duties, you can expect to pay almost double the original cost (close to 2K) by the time you are done.  I did see a pair on Amazon.ca being shipped out of Quebec for $1122.47 shipping included, or a pair from Amazon.ca for $1199.99 with free super saver shipping, but also add GST ($187.96) for a total of $1387.95.
Goes to show you that your best bet is through Head-Fi buy/trade forums.
And if ordering from the States DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT use UPS shipping!!!

Nov 23, 2013 at 1:47 AM Post #50 of 322
=o I did not know you were from Canada! or Toronto for that matter. (guess I never bothered to look at the "Location" at the top right)
I missed out on the last one but I would love to attend this. I'm actually fairly close as well.. (to Yonge / Finch)
I could bring Audiolab M-DAC / Bryston BHA-1 / HD800 (to try out other setups! because I'm sure there will be enough of the HD800s).
Also recently got into speakers and splurged on Neat Motive 2s + Audiolab 8200A. I wouldn't mind bringing them as well if there is any interest!

Hi - would love to see you at the meet and to listen to your various sources.  Speakers are really not encouraged, seeing that they would automatically take centre stage and drown out anyone else's headphone/IEM listening, rendering the meet, moot.
confused.gif

Nov 23, 2013 at 1:49 AM Post #51 of 322
It's on sale at Razordog deals for $649 + shipping + customs and duties.

I was actually able to price match the HD700s at NCIX.ca for $649 + tax. No shipping fees cause I can ship the item to a store 5 min away from me for free and pick up when it's ready. Hence my total $649 + $95 HST = $733 all in. 

In addition, this item qualifies for free express shipping from NCIX if you don't opt for local pick up.

Nov 23, 2013 at 2:09 AM Post #52 of 322
  Hi - would love to see you at the meet and to listen to your various sources.  Speakers are really not encouraged, seeing that they would automatically take centre stage and drown out anyone else's headphone/IEM listening, rendering the meet, moot.
confused.gif

You are right. I won't be bringing my speakers haha.
+ Too much work

Nov 24, 2013 at 7:29 AM Post #53 of 322
You are right. I won't be bringing my speakers haha.
+ Too much work

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get your Bryston?
I am having trouble finding a Bryston dealer where I can audition a BHA-1.

Nov 24, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #54 of 322

I auditioned BHA-1 with BDA-2/BDP etc. in Mississauga. Check out Trutone.

Nov 24, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #55 of 322

I auditioned BHA-1 with BDA-2/BDP etc. in Mississauga. Check out Trutone.

Thanks, thanks, thanks!
Much appreciated!

Nov 24, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #56 of 322

I was able to audition them at Ovation Audio . They were fairly close to my house as well actually haha.
As for where I got it, I purchased it second hand from CAM (Canuck Audio Marts). Was in and still is in 10/10 mint condition! And of course the well renowned Bryston warranty.

Nov 26, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #60 of 322
Hey guys,

new here on Head-fi and I'm glad I searched "Toronto" in this forum.  Just wanted to say I'm down for the 15th.

I'm bringing a Grado SR80i, Beyerdynamic Custom Pro one, Sony MDR ZX700 and an Audiotechnica ATH-M50...if that's not too boring a set of equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back