Toronto Winter 2014 Meet-up (great) photos, & Impressions
Oct 8, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #16 of 20
That's a surprise. To my ears HE560 is nowhere close to HD800 in musicality. I actually was quite surprised that as someone who likes a certain warmth and laid back sound in speaker systems and who really liked ATH-3000ANV on the previous meet I failed to enjoy any of the warm soundings phones, especially on my system. ATH-3000ANV, RS-1 and HE560 did not impress me.
Now I have to reevaluate the signature I supposed to like. I can't believe I've forgotten the sound of Electrocompaniet with B&W 801 Matrix, which I consider the warmest sound without loosing the speed of response and attack.

Oct 8, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #17 of 20
For me, it's more about listenability and that's where the HE560 wins out.  Now, I can upgrade my amp to pull more out of the HD800 but I made a decision not to put more money into the system.  I downgraded my camera system and now have much more fun taking pictures even though the quality is not where it used to be.  Just having more fun with a smaller sensor/camera system.  Same with my A/V system: when I finally declared it was good enough (full Martin Logan 5.1 / Rotel AVR, Rega DAC), I really enjoyed music and movies much more rather than worrying about the technicalities.
For my lifestyle and good enough is the HE560/HE400i with the WA7 and iPhone6 / AK100 MkII.  
Just a personal decision :wink:

Oct 9, 2014 at 2:47 AM Post #18 of 20
I've revamped the mods on my HE560s after the meet with important alterations and additions; now it sounds really impressive and faultless to my ears. Shame you guys won't be able to hear it, but then again the data I gathered from the meet-up was the reason for these changes.

Oct 10, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #19 of 20
Hey guys,

Canuck57 (Brian) gave me the low down on the meet and I have to say, I wish I was more mobile and could have been there. I live in London On. now (cheap rent) so I miss most of the fun ;(  A quick Hi to Bryan and Pat...it's been quite awhile and I'm hoping to be able to catch up with you guys at a closer meet later in the year...(hint, hint Brian :wink:

Thanks for the impressions thread. When you can't be there it's always great to see the pictures and read the comments. Glad everyone had a good time!

Oct 10, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #20 of 20
Guys,

great job of getting this meet up and running.  Unfortunately I would've been there had I actually checked this forum any time in the last two months.  Arggh!!  Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

The last one was a lot of fun and would've loved to have come to this one.  I'll be there for the spring meet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back