Toronto Meet? Mini-Meet?
Sep 14, 2004 at 4:28 PM Post #61 of 97
sounds good boys.

i'm all for that pint of beer afterwards for the 'in crew'.

oh yeah.

let's work to get biggie out. we can listen to headphones and speakers. i'd love to lug those speakers down to his place, but at 150lbs each, it's not gonna happen.

we can use my speaker setup to compare cables, sources if anyone would like. you can really get some additional audio information to listen for with speakers than with headphones. plus, the amp switches so we can do it blind. (my favourite)

come on biggie!

Sep 14, 2004 at 4:55 PM Post #63 of 97
If Biggie, Minya and the MuffinMan come it should be an interesting meet.

[the first two for their gear and the last one for messing with
biggrin.gif
]

Sep 14, 2004 at 5:09 PM Post #64 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by minya
I can probably bring them assuming someone can give me a ride to wherever. The amplifier weighs about 25 pounds and the headphones + case another five, so thirty pounds ain't no thang unless I'm trying to lug it along on the bus.

I can't bring a source, either, since that's my computer and that would just be way too much of a hassle. I can bring my DAC, though, I guess.

- Chris

I'll be passing along by K/W on my way up, so I can definatly give you a ride. And I'll be bringing my PC so we can hopefully feed your DAC from there? (It's an EWX with optical out). If you like (or don't mind) I could even bring in my HDD for a couple minutes when I pick you up so you have some of your own music at the meet to listen to over your system (well, different transport).

If anyone else wants a ride from anywhere along the 401 to the meet, let me know.

And Tomek, I got this originally from my father who got it from the IT support guy at his office, and this was about 4 years ago. But it's been around long before that.

Sep 14, 2004 at 5:54 PM Post #65 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Mac
And Tomek, I got this originally from my father who got it from the IT support guy at his office, and this was about 4 years ago. But it's been around long before that.

yeah... its pretty old, still good though

They sell a shirt on thinkgeek.org with it on the front and back. My favourite is still "Leave me alone or I will replace you with a very small shell script." though.
biggrin.gif

Sep 14, 2004 at 8:00 PM Post #67 of 97
yeah, I bet you are real worried
rolleyes.gif

Sep 15, 2004 at 12:24 AM Post #68 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
Anyways, I'm cool either way once you and Biggie work it out. Is Ephan coming to the meet? You should give him a call [since he is banned at the moment]... I think you have his number right?

WHAT!??!!?

Banned?!?!?!

What did he do??

I know he's banned from my house, by andrea, for coming over and playign with my speakers for 45 straight hours.

Sep 15, 2004 at 12:30 AM Post #69 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomek
WHAT!??!!?

Banned?!?!?!

What did he do??

I don't know... someone opened a thread to ask about it and it got closed. They don't like it when you ask about the dispension of punishment around here.
rolleyes.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomek
I know he's banned from my house, by andrea, for coming over and playign with my speakers for 45 straight hours.

LOL
icon10.gif

Sep 15, 2004 at 1:59 AM Post #71 of 97
Just checked... I dont have it
frown.gif

Check your sent items, I know you sent off some emails that included him in them...

Sep 15, 2004 at 6:28 PM Post #72 of 97
hi i whould like to come down, i will take the bus as i am comeing form brampton. I am new to all this speacker stuff and about to buy my first headphone system. was thinking of getting the audiophille starter package deal. Do yoy guys have any ideas on a good deal or were to buy in brampton, missisaga or toronto. Maybe someone has something to sell, well i will check back later.

take care

Sep 15, 2004 at 8:03 PM Post #74 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by adriano
hi i would like to come down

by all means, the more the merrier... I can say that because its not my place
evil_smiley.gif
Quote:

I am new to all this speaker stuff and about to buy my first headphone system.

good place to learn what you like
smily_headphones1.gif
Quote:

was thinking of getting the audiophile starter package deal.

what is the audiophile starter package? how come I didnt get mine?
tongue.gif

oh... and welcome to head-fi and sorry about your wallet
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back