Toronto meet impressions
Nov 14, 2006 at 2:17 PM Post #31 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Konig
how do u guys listen when over 20 over people chat in the same room? I might have missed it but is there a silent room within that large room where people take turns to listen?

This is something that we try to have, but it doesn't always work out. In this case we just had one mid sized room. It worked for me alright as the K340's are closed and do well in meet conditions... allowed me to hear them on a couple amps. I only wish I could have heard the Darkvoice before it broke.

Nov 14, 2006 at 9:51 PM Post #32 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
I only wish I could have heard the Darkvoice before it broke.

eek.gif
eek.gif
frown.gif
What happened?

Nov 15, 2006 at 1:17 AM Post #34 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61
What happened?

Well, I did hear it with the K501 and it was quite nice... but when they unhooked it from the CD player it was using and tried to set it up with my 'backup source' [a nec cdrom drive], the power switch broke. So I never got a chance to hear it with my K340s.
frown.gif

Nov 16, 2006 at 4:16 AM Post #37 of 79
Nice.
smily_headphones1.gif

Still nothing from Rick though, I wonder what happened at that shower he was headed to.
blink.gif

Nov 16, 2006 at 3:58 PM Post #39 of 79
I vote this as the best picture of the meet so far... that expression is priceless.
biggrin.gif

p1010003buk2.jpg

Nov 16, 2006 at 6:33 PM Post #40 of 79
Hahahah. Dude, I was on cloud nine - as far as I'm concerned, that face was TAME - I was ready to start jumping around!

Now, get back to work, Phil!
very_evil_smiley.gif
Folks, this is what happens when Jay gives you a chance to hear his system. I'm not the same. I'm changed.

I think I'll be able to get the one or two pics I took on here tonight. Stay tuned.

Nov 17, 2006 at 12:13 AM Post #41 of 79
Jay's system really is ridiculous.

And FYI for those people wondering, I stole the Ultrasone CD, so I ripped it into FLAC and I'm loading it on the internet now. It'll probably be ready for everyone to d/l before 9 pm. I'm also going to post about it in the music area, for everyone to try out. I can't wait to try it with K1000s.

Nov 17, 2006 at 1:52 AM Post #43 of 79
http://www.filefactory.com/file/c732b8/

There's the link. This music really shines in lossless, you won't want to run it in .mp3. However if there really is an outstanding amount of interest in something lossy like ogg or mp3 I'll do a run of it.

D/L speeds are pretty good, ~150 kbps, which estimates to about half an hour to d/l. I wouldn't worry about copy protection here since we kind of got permission to share the CD, I don't think Ultrasone will mind.

It's a .rar file just to keep everything together. Otherwise you'd have to D/L them file by file. I'd recommend doing tracks 1 and 6 first. 6 is amazing with the shore, it feels like the tides are passing through your head. Amazing.

Nov 17, 2006 at 4:46 PM Post #45 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hahahah. Dude, I was on cloud nine - as far as I'm concerned, that face was TAME - I was ready to start jumping around!

LOL, I was listening last night while reading and at one point, on the new Zero 7 album, I had to put down my book and just concentrate on the music. Emily asked me later why I had my eyes closed with a big goofy smile for a while there.
biggrin.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And FYI for those people wondering, I stole the Ultrasone CD.

Ultrasone CD? Is is binaural like the Stax CD? [PS. Doesn't seem to be letting me download... do I need to register on the site?]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back