Toronto Meet: April 7th [NEXT FRIDAY]
Apr 4, 2006 at 4:12 PM Post #76 of 179
If anyone is interested in a Coolermaster Musketeer III let me know... it doesn't do much in the way of amplifying, but gives you a volume control and headphone jack on the front of your computer. And it looks pretty sweet.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 4, 2006 at 4:19 PM Post #77 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by alexs
And as mentioned I will have some HD414 pads to sell..I had two people interested already.

I'd be interested if you have more.

Apr 4, 2006 at 4:20 PM Post #78 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
If anyone is interested in a Coolermaster Musketeer III let me know... it doesn't do much in the way of amplifying, but gives you a volume control and headphone jack on the front of your computer. And it looks pretty sweet.
smily_headphones1.gif

looks pretty nice yes =) to bad i use laptop all the time...

Apr 4, 2006 at 5:08 PM Post #79 of 179
Quote:

Sorry to hear about your cat... sounds like he was a handfull though.
smily_headphones1.gif
Insane? Me? O RLY?
tongue.gif
Not really... just a pair of Sennheiser HD201's. Though I have been considering selling my Shure E4's.Nah, that spoils all the fun. Besides, I can't very well show up in a pink dress and a spiked collar if you are expecting it.
biggrin.gif

When you said pink and collar, I got the greatest thought of Lanny Barbie (i'm obssesed, shrug.)
Hehe, I detest men wearing pink if you would like to put it in those terms
biggrin.gif

The musketeer looks damn sweet, if you are selling it, I'de have to take a look at the way it hooks up, but it'de be pretty cool I think, although I only have one bayslot left LOL (less it uses 3.5 inch slot?) I need to try to figure the pin layout for my x-fi xtrememusic, I think it's the same as the audigy though.

Apr 4, 2006 at 5:46 PM Post #80 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
The musketeer looks damn sweet, if you are selling it, I'de have to take a look at the way it hooks up, but it'de be pretty cool I think, although I only have one bayslot left LOL (less it uses 3.5 inch slot?) I need to try to figure the pin layout for my x-fi xtrememusic, I think it's the same as the audigy though.

I can bring it by so you can have a look if you'd like. It uses a 5 1/4 drive bay. The Musketeer comes with a slot so you can plug a little jumper 1/8" audio cable from the soundcard into it and then from there to the rear of the unit to connect it if that is simpler than doing a custom job...

Apr 4, 2006 at 7:49 PM Post #81 of 179
I will be providing nametags at the door, so I'm a step ahead of everyone. Seems like there's going to be alot of buying and selling at the meet. That's fine.

An alexs, I'm happy you can find time in between camping and playing the guitar in your pjs to come to our meet. I'm humbly honored. I will update the main post and that hopefully tonight. We have about 15 people now.

Apr 4, 2006 at 8:17 PM Post #82 of 179
my superfi 5EBs finally reached UE...damn canadapost delay. If they ship out my RMAs using express I might have them for the meet. Though without burn-in they sound quite horrible
tongue.gif

I have a spare toslink I can bring

I'm pretty much bringnig my bedside rig plus eggos

Apr 4, 2006 at 8:39 PM Post #83 of 179
Quote:

I can bring it by so you can have a look if you'd like. It uses a 5 1/4 drive bay. The Musketeer comes with a slot so you can plug a little jumper 1/8" audio cable from the soundcard into it and then from there to the rear of the unit to connect it if that is simpler than doing a custom job...

Kind of confused, is it like line in from soundcard to lineout on this pci bracket thing? Bleh, I'll take a look anyway.

Getting excited. One guy even offered me hd600's, but they are woody modded and I don't think I'm willing to pay the $260 USD he asked.

Apr 4, 2006 at 8:46 PM Post #84 of 179
Quote:

Kind of confused, is it like line in from soundcard to lineout on this pci bracket thing? Bleh, I'll take a look anyway.

No, line out from the soundcard into the bracket - which also has a line out on it so that you can connect speakers, amps, or whatever... Then the bracket has a cable that runs from it to the Musketeer and a cable that runs from the Musketeer back to it. If you visualize the signal path you should be able to figure out what I mean.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 4, 2006 at 9:02 PM Post #85 of 179
Quote:

No, line out from the soundcard into the bracket - which also has a line out on it so that you can connect speakers, amps, or whatever... Then the bracket has a cable that runs from it to the Musketeer and a cable that runs from the Musketeer back to it. If you visualize the signal path you should be able to figure out what I mean.
smily_headphones1.gif

Any reason your selling it (or did you mean just take a look earlier?)

Apr 4, 2006 at 9:06 PM Post #86 of 179
Quote:

Any reason your selling it (or did you mean just take a look earlier?)

I don't ever plug my headphones into my computer... and I have a volume control on my T-Amp for my speakers. I tried it with and without... with the sound is a little warmer, which would be ok for some rigs but is not needed in mine. I figured since it isn't really doing anything I may as well take it out... fewer things in the signal path and all that.
tongue.gif

Apr 4, 2006 at 9:12 PM Post #87 of 179
Quote:

I don't ever plug my headphones into my computer... and I have a volume control on my T-Amp for my speakers. I tried it with and without... with the sound is a little warmer, which would be ok for some rigs but is not needed in mine. I figured since it isn't really doing anything I may as well take it out... fewer things in the signal path and all that.
tongue.gif

Well, I may add an amp later after I get my headphones, but I do need a dedicated headphone port, my x-fi xtrememusic is hooked up to 5.1 logitech 5500's, which I am not removing, so i somehow need an audio port (i'm thinking of using the audigy 2 pin layout to hook up my cases audio.) Your device should work too though.

Now I just need somebody to sell me 880's or 580's or 600's at a reasonable price at the head-fi meet
biggrin.gif

Apr 4, 2006 at 11:27 PM Post #88 of 179
Hey, I'd love to take part too. Count me in. I havent invested in too much gear yet, so I can't bring much more then what you see in my sig, but it will be fun to try out everyone's stuff !
biggrin.gif

Apr 5, 2006 at 12:19 AM Post #89 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by splodinjoe
Hey, I'd love to take part too. Count me in. I havent invested in too much gear yet, so I can't bring much more then what you see in my sig, but it will be fun to try out everyone's stuff !
biggrin.gif

what firmware are you running on your psp? i got over 100 games for it =)

Apr 5, 2006 at 1:57 AM Post #90 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by eTe
what firmware are you running on your psp? i got over 100 games for it =)

Hehe, I have 1.5 on mine (I realize you weren't referring to me though). I'm dieing to trade it or sell it for headphone gear, seriously, I never use it. I've got ridgeracer + NFSMW (real games), and a 512 meg mem stick / the other stock stuff.

Looks like more and more people are joining in, is the physiology room large?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back